What is The Lemon Detox Diet?
The lemon detox diet, originally known as The Master Cleanse, is a popular diet for the natural cleaning of your body. Simple, safe, and efficient program that helps you revitalize. Our bodies are like machines that spend energy. Once you lose energy, you lose vitality, too. Therefore, you are less resistant to toxins that are everywhere, even in the air and water we drink. They are part of our daily nutrition and have negative effects on the kidneys, liver, lungs, and skin.
All substances that are taken, no matter natural or produced, are generated in the body – the rest is eliminated. The suffice of food transforms into fat. In that fat, in particular, toxins are stored.
Much research has shown that just because of the above-mentioned, the body needs to abstain from hard food. This is a blessing for mind, body, and spirit. The body needs revitalization in order to work with effects. A lemon detox diet is necessary.
How to Make a Lemon Detox Diet?
Lemon detox diet recipe:
- 2 tbsp. squeezed lemon juice;
- 2 tbsp. organic Maple Syrup or Organic Raw Blue Agave (suitable for raw food enthusiasts and diabetics);
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder or ginger;
- 1 cup pure water.
In a cup of water add 2 tbsp. of lemon juice and 2 tbsp. of the syrup. Mix it well. Finally, add one coffee spoon of pepper powder or ginger.
You should drink 8-9 cups per day with no combination of hard food. This detoxification process lasts 10-14 days.
It is a low-calorie regime that will provide only 600 calories daily but will not provide the proteins, fats, B vitamins, minerals, and fibers needed. You will lose weight not because of the fact that the drink is magical, but because of the fact that you do not take food.
Before you start practicing a lemon detox diet, a colon cleansing is recommended.
The recipe is very simple. Take one coffee spoon of sea salt and add a cup of warm cleaned water (250 ml). Take it at the moment of preparation. It will start working immediately. According to your needs, you can take it two times per day – in the morning and before sleep. But, not more than this dose is recommended.
Now, it is time for a lemon detox diet. The lemon detox diet itself is not expensive, but it is not easy either. Be ready in the following few days to consume only a colon-cleansing drink and the lemon detox diet recipe. And, of course, a lot of water.
NOTE: For those who practice this diet, for the first time: You can practice this diet only three days, not more than that!!!
For the rest who have tried and have had success: You can practice the lemon detox diet for 14 days. This is a short period that will give you fast results in the weighting process and in the body detoxification process.
You will be suppressed by the fact of how well you will feel after the detoxification process. After you throw away toxins, your body will take back the ability to function at the optimal level and many diseases will be prevented. Your kidneys, liver, and colon will eliminate toxins faster. Therefore, your body will maintain fewer toxins in the future.
When to Start a Lemon Detox Diet?
Eating improper food in the past, results in tiredness and sickness of your body. If you feel lazy, sleepy, lethargic, mover weighted, unsatisfied with yourself, or with any kind of health disorder, it is high time you start practicing the lemon detox diet.
A lemon detox diet can be practiced a few times during a year. Each time you feel dizzy you can get back to the detoxification program.
NOTE: It is very important to know that Lemon Detox is a temporal solution not a long term diet for weight loss.
What You Can Eat and What You Can’t?!?
I bet you wonder: “What can I eat during the lemon detox diet?”
It is allowed: salty water, lemon detox diet recipe, herb tea, and water. You mustn’t consume hard food or alcohol. After 10 to 14 days you can include real food, step by step. Starting with juice and soup, you can furthermore add fruit and vegetables. No dairy products.
Daily Lemon Detox Diet Plan
- In the morning, prepare your organism for cleansing and digestion by lemon detox diet recipe;
- Eat raw food. The point is to decrease food intake or to take food that is highly nutritive with enzymes. Eat a lot of green salads;
- Drink water, fresh vegetable juice, and herb tea for detoxification: nettle, cleavers, calendula, burdock, and red clover. The point is to drink three liters of liquid per day. This will help the lymph glands to move on and the kidneys will support the upcoming detoxification;
- Chew: Here, the point is to chew each bite 10 to 12 times before you swallow it. It will give you a sense of satiation without overeating;
- Body brushing. Use a loofah and make a body massage under the shower. Start from the legs and arms, avoiding the throat and face. End with a cold shower. You will fasten blood circulation by doing this.
- Workout: During the detoxification process you should work workout at least one hour per day. Good training increases lymph flow and stimulates toxin elimination;
- Detox mind: While you are focused on body detoxification, detox your mind, also. Meditate 15 minutes per day. If you don’t know how to do it, breathe through your stomach, Breathe through your nose, count to four, and exhale slowly through your mouth.
NOTE: Lemon Detox Diet is not recommended if you are pregnant, if you are breastfeeding, if you have high blood pressure or any other chronic diseases.
Benefits of the Lemon Detox Diet
- Body cleansing;
- Loss of weight;
- Increased self-confidence;
- Positive attitude;
- Increased energy and vitality;
- Shiny hair and tougher nails;
- Shiny skin;
- A new way of nutrition;
- Releasing constipation.
Why Does The Lemon Detox Diet Works?
It is nothing else but a speed-up process of weight loss and detoxification. By practicing a lemon detox diet you don’t do anything else that the body itself doesn’t do. It filtrated body poisonous substances and it has a healthy effect. It detoxes all body cells, not only the liver.
You will improve your body health in a natural way without using any type of medical preparations. It has been proven in many cases. It is the favorite diet of the pop star Beyoncé. In the “Оprah Winfrey Show”, she stated that she has lost 20 lb. by practicing a 14-day lemon detox diet.
Why is The Lemon Detox Diet Bad for You?
The idea of getting rid of the body’s toxins is not in the essence of human biology. Your organs and immune system can handle them. But, by lemon detox diet you fasten this process. It sometimes can be bad for your health, every highly risky. However, the risk varies from person to person. The lemon detox diet is low caloric and equals starving.
Therefore, your pounds can be back immediately if you start extreme nutrition after a lemon detox diet. You must observe further diet.
Lemon Detox Diet Side Effects
The level of effort is very high. It is very likely that you will be starving by using such a strict diet.
In the first days, you can “come across” the “detox symptoms” such as starvation, tiredness, boredom, and headaches.
Lemon Detox Diet Tips
- You can use lime instead of lemon;
- You can replace pepper with ginger;
- Make a concentrate of an equal amount of lemon/lime and organic maple or agave juice. Put a concentrate in a dark bowl and keep it in the fridge. Every time you want to make a drink. The mixture is 4 spoons of concentrate mixed with pure water in a cup. You will have a “snack” every time when you feel that you are hungry.
Read about: Quick Weight Loss with 24-Hours Detox Diet Plan
NOTE: During lemon detox diet your body has a low level of proteins which are essential for regular function of your organism. Bear in mind the latter and include proteins in your nutrition step by step. Finally, they are the main energy source.