Sweet, delicious and creamy bananas are a favorite food of everyone, irresistible and attractive for babies to adults.
Banana is also known as “heavenly fruit” because it contains many vitamins, minerals, proteins, amino acids and fiber. These include magnesium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, manganese, potassium, vitamins A, B6, folic acid, vitamin C and many others. They have a high-energy value thanks to fructose, which is easily assimilated during digestion.
Nutritional Facts of Bananas 3.5 Oz. (100g):
- 89 calories (373,8 kJ.);
- Total Fat 0.3g.;
- Saturated fat 0.1 g.;
- Cholesterol 0 mg.;
- 1 mg sodium;
- Carbohydrates 22.8g.;
- Dietary Fiber 2.6g.;
- Sugars 12.2g.;
- Protein 1.1g.;
- Calcium 5 mg.
- Potassium 358 mg.
Medical & Healing Benefits of Bananas
1. Bananas contain vitamin B6, which is a key element against stress.
2. Bananas are fruit rich in potassium and low sodium value, which is a perfect combination to combat high blood pressure, heart attack and stroke.
3. Eating bananas helps prevent kidney cancer, protect the eyes from macular degeneration and builds strong bones.
4. The high level of potassium in bananas helps you stay focused and encourage the work or learning.
5. They reduce the symptoms of PMS.
6. Bananas prevent anemia because of high level of iron.
7. Preventing hangover is magical power of bananas.
8. Eating bananas protected from possible muscle cramps during exercise or sleep at night.
9. They are rich in antioxidants, protect against free radicals and chronic diseases.
10. Eating bananas between meals helps to stabilize blood sugar level and reduces the disgust appearance.
11. The inside of the banana shell reduces itching and irritation caused by insect bites. The bananas shell is also good to treat warts.
12. Eating a banana reduces the body temperature in a state of fever.
13. Banana strengthens the nervous system. It is a natural cure against depression. The banana contain a protein called tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin, the so-called hormone of happiness. Eat bananas if you suffer from insomnia.
14. Bananas contain potassium, magnesium and Vitamin B, which together accelerate the withdrawal from smoking cigarettes.
15. Eating only two bananas can give enough energy before hard training in the gym or running track. They keep your blood sugar to normal level.
16. Banana reduces swelling of the body, protects against type 2 diabetes, helps with weight loss.
17. Bananas stimulate the white blood cells production.
18. Inner layer of bark gives a wonderful shine to your leather shoes or purse. In addition, you can polish the silver items. Wipe with a dry cotton or paper towel for a quick shine.
19. They are rich in pectin and help your body easily to get rid of toxins and heavy metals.
20. Banana acts as a prebiotic – stimulate the growth of beneficial bacteria in the colon. They produce enzymes for digestion and help absorb nutrients.
21. Bananas heal the digestive tract. They restore the electrolytes lost during diarrhea.
22. They help against constipation. A high level of fiber in bananas helps normalize bowel motility.
23. Bananas are natural antacids, freed from acid reflux, heartburn and GERD.
24. Banana is natural cure for gastric ulcer and pain in the stomach. They coat the lining of the stomach against the corrosive acids.
25. They also strengthen the immune system and they are a great choice to treat avitaminosis, acne, thickness, loss of concentration, impotence, nausea, cough, drowsiness, bronchitis, cold and flu.
>>>>> You can also taste this Vegan Chiquita Banana Pineapple Smoothie Recipe <<<<<
REMEMBER: Bananas are a great choice for snacks and delicious smoothies.
Sources: Zee News