Acne is a common skin condition happening to younger people in their puberty period, and to older people until their 45th year of age.
In Ayurveda, acne is implied as eruptions of youth (yauvana pitikas). Problems with acne dates years back and Ayurveda explains its founding and recommends acne natural natural remedies.
What Causes Acne?
Under the face skin, back, chest and shoulders, there are many oil-producing glands called “sebaceous glands”. During puberty or menopause and under the influence of men and women hormones, these glands become more active producing oily secretion called “sebum”.
The sebum makes skin lot greaser than usual. Over secreting of sebum closes the skin pores and the pit of the hair follicle forming acne. Blocked pores respectively acne are habitat of bacteria and this infection causes red and painful swelling inflammation causing pimples.
Vata and Kapha are two main doshas directly included in eruption of acne and pimples. Rakta Dhatu or blood, has a great role in acne forming. Vata when vitiated from unhealthy nutrition and bad living has direct influence on the other two doshas – (kapha and pitta) and worsens their condition. They are affected by blood (rakta dhatu) causing excess secretion of oil from the sebaceous glands. Kapha has sticky property. Aggravated kapha secrets sticky matter in the oil produced by sebaceous glands of the skin. Such thick sebaceous plugs formed in the skin pores and hair follicles cause creating of acne.
Acne is worsening if:
- They come in touch with dirt, fat or some chemicals;
- When you have hormonal imbalance during puberty, menopause or menstrual cycle;
- High stress level;
- If you are under medicine therapy or some hormonal therapy;
- If you are squeezing or pinching the acne.
- Avoid spicy, dry and oily food. It is hardly digested and can infect vata;
- Avoid fast food and sparkling drinks;
- Avoid application of scrubs;
- Don’t squeeze your acne;
- Don’t allow dirt;
Natural Home Remedies for Acne Free Skin
- Wash your face two times a day, with warm water and mild soap;
- Always remove makeup before bed;
- Take fresh methi leaves. Grind it and make a paste. Apply on skin and leave it to act 10 minutes. Wash away with warm water;
- Apply a pack of ripe tomato pulp on the face. Leave it to dry on the face (45 minutes) and wash away gently;
- Make a mixture of rose-water and besan flour (gram flour). Apply it on the face for around 15 minutes and wash away with warm water;
- Grind juicy tender neem leaves with turmeric. Apply the paste you got on parts of the face with acne and pimple. Leave it to dry naturally. Then gently wash your face;
- Consume a lot of fruit and vegetables – it keeps natural skin moisture and returns its glow;
- Drink a lot of water (at least 10 glasses daily).
- Use moisturizer to wash your skin. They are water based;
- Exercise regularly
- Wash your hair with mild shampoos.