Every year, an average of 10% of Americans show symptoms of depression. Depression is a harsh disorder that seriously disrupting health with a bad influence on your life. This disorder controls the mind and all of its functions. It causes a deep sense of despair, change in mood, losing appetite, insomnia, etc.
Depression symptoms are different and changeable with time. According to experts, it can show up inheritably, or as a consequence of life-threatening diseases, suffered the stress of living under stressful situations.
Other reasons for appearing in depression can also be using medicines and drugs, alcohol consumption, or mental illnesses. Women are more susceptible to this disease because of their often hormonal changes: menstrual cycle changes, miscarriage, pregnancy, pre, and post-menopause.
Do you need a free consultation or depression test? Verywell Mind could be the right place.
Common symptoms of Depression
- Anxiousness, emptiness, unhesitating sorrow;
- Pessimistic feelings and hopelessness;
- Extreme insomnia or disturbed sleep;
- The burden caused by appetite loss;
- Turmoil, grumpiness, and impulsiveness
- Deepness and suicide tendency;
- Constant fatigue, energy loss, lowered motor function and metabolism;
- Chronic pain without particular reason, digestive disorders or headaches;
- Absence of self-respect and feeling of extreme guilt and helplessness;
- Hesitating and inability to focus.
If you have any of the aforementioned symptoms of depression, be certain to consult your doctor. With his thorough examination he will help you solve your basic health issues or if necessary will recommend you to consult a psychiatrist, psychologist, or hypnotherapist.
- But it is best if you can comply with the following MUST DO list:
- Erase negative thoughts from your mind;
- Cut terms in your life such as exhaustion, worthlessness, and hopelessness;
- Set straight goals and change your life;
- Meditate, walk, enjoy listening to music or some other similar things that relax you;
- Start new activities that will absorb your time and interest;
- Go out and hang out with positive people;
- Avoid the company of negative people;
- Make your mind to enjoy watching a movie, spend time with your family or other persons you hold dear;
- Be positive and confident;
- Have strong faith in yourselves. High confidence is a large healer.
- Decide independently to change your world for the better.
If after all your depression still escalates and you show suicidal tendencies, ask for help from your general practitioner or health facilities.
There are Community mental health centers in hospitals and clinics with experts who will help you get over your psychic crisis. Symptoms of depression and depression itself is a disorder which can be healed.