Do You Know Who “The Mother” of Antioxidants Is?
We have all heard about antioxidants, but only a few of us know their “mother”.Do you know some of the antioxidants that can prevent aging, cancer, heart disease, neurological and many other problems? The only from the antioxidants, still unknown to the majority, is glutathione. It is a powerful immune booster and detoxifier, which is essential for a healthy life. On the other hand, poor quality food, stress, infections, radiation or toxic environments, depletes the body of glutathione.
What is Glutathione?
Glutathione is a simple molecule that your body produces itself. It combines three building blocks of proteins and amino acids – cysteine, glycine and glutamine. It is crucial in the fight against chronic diseases, because it sticks to the toxins and transfers them thru the bile and feces out of the body.
The greatest significance of glutathione is that it contains sulfur chemical groups that catch and remove all free radicals and toxins from your body.
Where Can You Get Glutathione?
Though your body produces this antioxidant itself, the following foods are an additional source of glutathione:
- Red peppers.
- Turmeric (Curcumin).
- Brussels sprouts.
In addition, it is important to mention that exercise increases the production of glutathione and breathing and sweating are a great way to get rid of toxins in the body.
Why You Should Raise the Level of Antioxidants, Especially Glutathione?
Over 70 diseases associated with lack of glutathione and the best proof is the study done by Dr. Robert Keller MD, MS, FACP, AAHIVS.
Among other antioxidants, glutathione has the following benefits:
- It is the main antioxidant and detoxifier in your body.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties. Internal bleeding causes inflammation, a condition associated with many diseases. It is a firefighter in your body.
- Glutathione is present in large amounts in the liver, which is the main organ for detoxification. It removes debris from heavy metals, drugs and various toxins.
- It transports the proteins and nutrients to the cells.
- All antioxidants, especially glutathione, protect immune cells from an oxidative stress.
- It increases the energy of your body.
- It never turns into a free radical and has the capacity to recycle, as well as provide support to other antioxidants do their job.
- It slows down aging and diseases of aging such as heart disease, arthritis, stroke, Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, Parkinson’s disease and others. In a study done by scientists at Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, explained the link between high levels of glutathione and higher health in a group of older people.
- It protects the eyes from UV rays.
- It improves the condition of skin, hair and nails.The high level of glutathione prevents from acne, psoriasis, dry skin and wrinkles. It provides the collagen from the skin to remain intact and thus to avoid aging skin.
- Glutathione is the savior of insomnia.
- It provides greater endurance and muscle recovery in athletes.
- Among other things, it helps in the fight against AIDS.
It is obvious that these benefits of glutathione cover most of your life. The lack of this powerful antioxidant is dangerous to your overall health.