Heart disease is a term indicating the medical condition of the heart. This is a condition connected with abnormal health conditions directly affecting the heart and its components. Heart disease is a major health problem in this century.
Today, the percentage of the appearance of heart disease is increased compared to the past. This happens because of today’s lifestyle – fast pace and lower physical activity. Often people reach for fast food justifying themselves with having no time. However, being conscious of the risk of heart disease, they start changing their habits.
Heart Disease Causes
Heart disease is a problem appearing in every culture regardless of the age of the person. Strict diets, nutrition filled with fats, overweight, smoking, insufficiency of physical activity – are only some of the reasons causing heart disease.
Exercising is the basis for avoiding diseases. It helps the heart to stay in peak performance. Combined with balanced and healthy nutrition, the risk of heart disease can be significantly lowered.
The term cardiovascular disease includes many diseases affecting the blood vessel system and directly the heart. Respectively it affects the veins and arteries leading to the heart. Research has shown that usually women suffer from cardiovascular disease that affects the blood vessels. Men suffer from diseases that affect the heart muscle.
Scientifically known reasons for the appearance of cardiovascular disease are hypertension, diabetes mellitus, and hypercholesterolemia. They are the main factors for appearing of a heart attack.
Vegan Healthy Foods against Heart Disease
Pay attention to the following list of foods that are remarkable in the fight against heart disease.
- Bran. Bran cereal is a food rich with fiber keeping the cholesterol level in the blood. Other similar products are brown rice, lentils, barley, oats, whole grains, black beans and etc.
- Olive oil. Powerful antioxidant and source of monounsaturated fat. It strengthens immunity and protects your heart from a heart attack.
- Peanut butter. Contains Vitamin E a fat-soluble vitamin. In exchange for nuts, it satisfies your daily need with only 2 spoons intake.
- Pecans. Filled with magnesium these nuts are great in the prevention of heart disease. You can use them as a supplement in your salad.
- Whole-wheat bread. A piece of whole-wheat bread with peanut butter is a sweet enjoyment in food. I take into consideration it contains selenium and an antioxidant miner that works with vitamin E, we have another heart protector.
- Wine. Knowing it as “God’s Drink” this drink undoubtedly can help in the fight with heart diseases. One glass a day is recommended – for women and two glasses – for men.
- Broccoli. It contains healthy nutrients among which calcium. Other food filled with calcium is figs, kale, salmon, pinto beans, and okra.
- Sunflower Seeds. They contain vitamin B6 and nutrients keeping a heart-healthy. They are a great source of omega-3 and 6 fatty acids that lowering blood triglycerides and preventing its possible clotting.
- Almond, Coconut, and Soy milk. If you are exposed to heart diseases, adding almond, coconut or soy milk to your nutrition can only benefit you. They contain vitamin B12 in charge of the heart’s health
- Spinach. Filled with folic acid. Combined with B vitamins, B6 and B12 it is a preventive against heart disease.
- Strawberries. Except they are rich with vitamin C, an antioxidant vital for the heart’s wellbeing, they are a rich source of fiber and potassium.
- Sweet potatoes. Rich with vitamin A and nutrients. Good and nice choice against heart diseases.
- Garlic. Filled with antioxidants lowering the plaque built up, chest pain, and preserving the heart generally healthy. It is a mild anticoagulant because it dissolves blood. Research has shown that daily consumption of garlic is the best preventive against heart diseases.
With healthy nutrition and lifestyle, you can totally stop this disorder.
A new study provides more evidence that a vegan diet can reverse heart disease. CNN’s Dr. Sanjay Gupta reports.