According to an ancient Japanese legend, hundreds of years ago there was a man in Japan who appeared to be one of the happiest ones because he learned a skill from his father – he learned about the point of a hundred diseases.
He listened to his father’s instructions and massaged the point every day and that’s why he lived so long that he witnessed the rise and fall of several Japanese emperors. A massage focused on certain points on the body is a treatment that has been used for millennia in the Far East.
According to this philosophy, the human body consists of 265 points and 12 meridians. So, they resemble every day and every month in a year. One of those points is this point on your ear also.
The impact that you can expect from massages such as finger pressure on specific points (acupressure) is founded on the philosophy of meridians, points, and channels that are related to certain organs in the body.
Different traditional medicines have different methods. For example, Chinese medicine views the body as a complete energy system and that’s why they believe that proper massage can trigger the release and flow of energy and improve the work of the organs.
Those who are able to activate the Zu San Li point will experience everlasting rejuvenation, healing effect, and ultimately postponing of aging. Zu San Li’s point is known as the point of a hundred diseases in Japan and as the point of longevity in China.
How to find the magic Zu San Li point?
Zu San Li’s point (the point of longevity) is located just below the kneecap. If you want to find the easiest way, use the palm from the same side of the body to cover your knee. When you do that, look between the ends of the ring finger and little finger and you will easily spot a small cavity between the bones – this is Zu San Li’s point.
What Exactly does Zu San Li mean?
Why Is It Called a Point of a Hundred Diseases?
- This point regulates the work of the organs that can be found in the lower part of the body.
- This point regulates the work of the spinal cord especially in the areas that are regulating the proper work of the digestive system, kidneys, adrenal glands, and genital organs.
Massaging Zu San Li point is the right thing to do in case you want to improve the work of the adrenal glands. These glands are the most efficient glands that serve as the main protector of our health. They release hydrocortisone, adrenaline, and other vital hormones in the blood.
By massaging this point of longevity on a daily basis, you will be able to stabilize the work of the adrenal glands. These glands are responsible for:
- Regulation of blood pressure.
- Regulation of the immune system.
- Stabilization of the insulin and glucose levels.
- Getting rid of inflammatory processes all over the body.
In addition, by massaging this point in the body you will be able to:
- Treat diseases and disorders in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Eliminate the effects of a stroke.
- Improve the work of the digestive system.
By practicing massage on this point you can expect to improve your self-confidence, remove the stress and tension that builds up every day and achieve inner peace. Finally, you will also eliminate certain diseases and disorders too. Some of them include constipation, hiccups, incontinence, and gastritis.
How can you trigger the effects that come from the point of longevity?
If you want to massage the Zu San Li point, the best period of the day is in the morning before you have lunch. Massage this point nine times in a clockwise direction on each leg. Every massage should last about ten minutes.
Before you start with the massage you should find a suitable, comfortable position – sitting. Regulate your breathing, relax and focus on your feelings and emotions. Find a way to reach a state of harmony and balance and understand that you are starting a healing treatment. This massage acts as a great stimulant.
In order to perform this massage, you can use your fingers or you can use some grain like oats, rice, or buckwheat for example. Some people advise leaving half of a garlic clove at this point for one hour after the massage is finished.
Those who are looking for a way to lose weight should practice massaging the Zu San Li point in the evening. People can lose 1 pound (0.5 kg) per week. However, don’t practice this massage before you go to bed because this massage is stimulating and you won’t be able to fall asleep.
As we have mentioned before Zu San Li’s point can be massaged every day, but in order to feel all the benefits, you should practice this procedure in the period of the New Moon.
- The massaging of this point should start 8 days after the beginning of the New Moon. This is the day when you should start massaging this point in the morning. In this way, you will strengthen your immune system, improve the work of your organs, and slow down aging.
- Perform the same procedure before lunch. This is the period when the massage affects your tone, memory, cardiovascular system, and digestive tract.
- By massaging Zu San Li simultaneously on your legs you will remove stress, irritability, nervousness, and tension from your system and prevent the occurrence of sleep disorders and headaches.
- Finally, in the evening perform this massage in the counterclockwise direction on one leg at a time so you can boost your metabolism and eliminate extra weight.
As you can see this process is not complicated and the effects are really amazing.
Source: Medium Jodi Jones