This Is What Happens to Your Body When You Add Turmeric to Your Lemon Water in the Morning
You have probably heard about lemon water and its many health benefits, but have you tried adding turmeric to it? Combining lukewarm lemon water and turmeric makes a powerful healing beverage and an ideal morning elixir which will give your energy for the rest of the day. Beginning your day with a lemon water and a pinch of turmeric provides various health benefits.
People have long used turmeric to enhance their overall health, and science has many times confirmed its beneficial effects.
The number of turmeric health benefits is incredibly high, and its side effects are much less than that of synthetic drugs. It has been proven that it’s beneficial in the treatment of over 160 health conditions.
Turmeric possesses antiseptic and natural anti-inflammatory properties. It also fights carcinogens-free radicals, as it is a potent antioxidant.
It is able to cure more health problems simultaneously, even those which are resistant to conventional treatments. Turmeric can treat and possibly prevent more than 600 other health conditions.
This spice is an essential part of the Indian cuisine, but besides consuming Indian food, there is other way to include turmeric in your everyday diet.
Just add some in your lukewarm lemon water, and to further enhance its health benefits, add a pinch of cinnamon as it provides anti-inflammatory effects and can regulate the levels of blood sugar. In this way, you will feel satisfied even though you will eat less.
Morning Elixir – Lukewarm Lemon Water and Turmeric
The lukewarm water protects the digestive tract and the lemon purifies the liver. A dash of turmeric improves the lukewarm lemon water by 10 times, making it even healthier beverage for your body.
These are few benefits of drinking lukewarm lemon water with turmeric:
- Turmeric can prevent the high blood sugar spikes related to diabetes, as it helps the body to properly process ingested sugars
- It helps the body break down dietary fat right after consuming it, as it raises the bile flow
- It protects the brain from degenerative brain disorders related to aging, like Alzheimer’s disease, due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Turmeric allows the body to break down dietary and environmental toxins as it improves the liver function
- It stimulates the gallbladder’s production of bile and other components which help our body properly digest food.
Turmeric added in lukewarm lemon water will help you lose weight and detoxify your body. Moreover, this powerful drink possesses antimicrobial properties, improves the immune system and digestion, prevents coughs and common colds, boosts your energy levels, treats chronic constipation, and much more.
Recipe – Lemon Water and Turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 cup of lukewarm water, or warm soy, Me First Living, or regular cow’s milk
- lemon juice squeezed from half a lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon of honey
- a pinch of cinnamon, optional
Heat the water and add lemon juice, turmeric, and honey and stir well. You will notice that turmeric falls down at the bottom of the cup, so don’t stop stirring the mixture while you drink it, for maximum turmeric benefits. Drink the mixture while warm (not hot, or cold).
Adding turmeric in your lemon water will improve its flavor and its health benefits too. Your body will be thankful if you include this potent and surprisingly cheap spice to your everyday diet.