Ibuprofen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug that is often linked to deaths and serious health problems. This is especially true in case the patients use it for a long period, because in this case the risk of heart attacks is significantly increased.
Some of the serious health effects of using ibuprofen in the long run include DNA structure damage, hearing loss, high blood pressure, miscarriage etc. It is good to point out that there are substitutions for ibuprofen that are less risky. People don’t have to take pills every time they feel pain in their muscles or headaches.
Examples of Natural Ibuprofen Alternatives
1. Topical arnica – this herb that naturally grows in Europe is especially useful for cases of osteoarthritis. In addition, it comes with fewer side effects.
2. Ginger – ginger was used since ancient times in cases of PMS pain. All it takes is a 250 mg capsule and the pain and aches related to PMS will be gone. This capsule should be taken four times a day.
3. Holy Basil – when it comes to inflammation, Holy Basil can be as effective as ibuprofen.
4. John’s wort – for many people, St. John’s wort is much more effective than ibuprofen when it is used as a painkiller.
5. Omega 3-fatty acids – these acids have strong healing properties and they can help patients suffering from arthritis.
6. Panax ginseng – this is another natural remedy used for arthritis. Thank to its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties it can reduce the pain in the bones.
7. Olive oil – olive oil has strong anti-inflammatory properties that can be compared to those found in ibuprofen.
8. Curcumin – Curcumin is one of the most important ingredients found in turmeric. This herb comes from India and it is known for centuries for its antioxidant, antifungal, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties.
9. Capsaicin – this is an active ingredient found in cayenne pepper. It can become a powerful painkiller when it is used externally as a cream or gel. In case you didn’t know, you can also stop a heart attack in a minute using cayenne pepper.
10. Boswellia – is another herb that comes from India. The acid of this herb improves the blood flow and helps people suffering from inflammation.
11. Cat’s claw – this is herb that can be found in Central and South American jungles includes an anti-inflammatory agent in its structure.
12. White willow bark – Osteoarthritis doesn’t have to be treated only with specially designed pills like ibuprofen, because herbs like this can help too. White willow bark is a strong natural painkiller.
13. Fish oil – it is a well-known fact that fish oil can help with osteoporosis and arthritis because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
14. MSM – this sulfur compound can be found in fresh vegetables and fruits, fish, milk and grains.
15. Sandalwood oil – this oil is especially helpful in cases of muscle spasms.
So, next time you feel pain or ache, make sure you try the DIY Detox Bath and these alternatives first, because pain relievers may help you, but they come with many side effects too. The herbs, foods and methods we have mentioned before are a more natural way to heal and ease the pain in the body. Of course, before you use any of these remedies, consult your doctor and see if you can use them.