Unfortunately, most professional dentists today claim that cavities can’t heal naturally without using some of the dental equipment and materials they use. They also don’t believe that changes in the diet like the elimination of potentially dangerous foods for our teeth and eating food that is actually good for our oral health can make a difference.
On the other hand, there is a growing number of people who can confirm that our diet is directly affecting the state of our teeth and in order to prove these changes, they have started taking pictures.
One good example of this practice is Kristin S., A New York City mom that has agreed to share these photos with the world. She has taken photos of her child’s cavities for 6 weeks.
The holes and discoloration that can be seen in the first photo were recognized by a professional dentist before Kristin decided to introduce changes in her child’s diet.
As you can see, there are three photos – at week one, week three, and week six.
What is good to know is that Kristin’s choice of toothpaste for her son (3-years-old) has nothing to do with the positive changes in his teeth. Kristin is convinced that the nutritive changes brought positive results.
Of course, if you are following a proper diet, using natural toothpaste that supports the process of remineralization in teeth can certainly be helpful.
How To Heal Your Teeth Naturally
In other words, in case you’ve found the right diet and you’ve started practicing it, you can spend some time choosing the appropriate natural paste. However, in case your diet is not healthy and good for your teeth, toothpaste can’t help you.
- Three tablespoons of Xylitol powder – truth to be told, you don’t have to use this ingredient, but without it, the remedy will not taste so well. In addition, there are some studies that have confirmed the positive effects of Xylitol when it comes to oral health.
- Five tablespoons of calcium powder
- Four tablespoons of coconut oil (room temperature)
- Two tablespoons of distilled water
- One tablespoon of baking soda
- Thirty or more drops of essential oils (any oil is good – cinnamon, peppermint, etc.)
- Two tablespoons of Bentonite Clay. If you don’t have this type of clay, you can add more calcium powder.
- Take all the ingredients except bentonite clay and mix them well with the help of a food processor. When you get a smooth mixture, gradually add the clay and use a plastic utensil to mix everything manually. In case you don’t own a food processor, you can try mixing the ingredients with an immersion blender or simply whisk everything in a bowl. Avoid using blenders like a magic bullet because the high pressure in them will ruin the effects.
- Use a clean small jar to store the mixture.
- Because of the specific nature of coconut oil, the natural homemade paste will get thicker as it cools down. If it is heated it will become thinner. However, when it is used at the normal temperature it should have a texture similar to regular commercial toothpaste. If you are not satisfied with the texture, use more calcium or water. If you want to change the flavor, experiment with essential oils.
- Use the toothpaste in the same way as you use ordinary toothpaste.
A Few Things You Should Know About This Process
There are many people who are wondering about the ideal type of calcium magnesium or calcium powder they should use to prepare this paste. Luckily, there are hundreds of people who have prepared and used this toothpaste, and based on their experience, calcium carbonate is the ideal option. It is also good to mention that some types of calcium magnesium can lead to unwanted effects.
While we are talking about these unwanted effects, we must mention that explosive reaction is one of them. In case you experience something like this you should know that you have probably used an air-tight container and calcium magnesium is prone to reactions in such an environment. That’s why we’ve advised avoiding magic bullets for this purpose.
There are also many people who are wondering whether this remedy is safe in cases of sensitive teeth or when people use veneers or fillings. Some of them are also worried about the safety of their children. In case you have some dental conditions, it is the best idea to seek advice from your dentist. When it comes to children, many people are successfully using it on their children, but if you are afraid or worried you can ask your dentist.
It is good to point out that this natural remedy usually doesn’t come with any reactions in the beginning. However, there are some people who experience sensitivity in the first 2-3 weeks. This is especially true for people who have used commercial toothpaste and other dental products intensively and for those who have followed a fluoride treatment because bentonite clay has the ability to connect and remove toxins. A small number of people react to calcium powder too. These minor issues will be gone on their own, but if you are worried consult your dentist.
In the recent period, there are many people who are comparing xylitol to stevia because the popularity of stevia is growing. A few scientific studies have shown that xylitol provides positive effects on our teeth, but there are a couple of studies that suggest that xylitol can actually be harmful. In order to prevent any unwanted situations use xylitol that is not based on corn and non-GMO xylitol.
Even though this recipe is based on water, there is a number of people who have used vodka as an alternative solution in order to make this remedy more durable. The fact is that the shelf life of this toothpaste is very long.
In case you are wondering why there is no glycerin in the recipe, we should point out that several studies have shown that glycerin creates a layer around the tooth that keeps the minerals and nutrients away from our teeth. Although these results need to be confirmed by other studies, the fact is that there is no single study that can confirm any positive effects of glycerin on teeth. As a matter of fact, glycerin can turn your teeth brownish and this is certainly something that none of us wants.
Keep in mind that this natural toothpaste that has the ability to heal teeth has already been used by dozens of people. Some people have tried modifications and they were kind enough to share the results. For instance, one of them claims that using calcium is better than using calcium magnesium because the ladder gives a taste of bitter metal. Another practitioner has decided to use a small amount of hydrogen peroxide which made the paste more squeezable.
Another thing that is worth mentioning is that some people have experienced bleeding gums in the first week they’ve used this remedy. In almost all cases, the issue was resolved on its own. If you are worried about your health, consult a professional dentist.
Finally, there are many people who are wondering what the best container is where they can store this natural toothpaste. According to the author of this remedy, goToobs have proven to be a great option because they are made from medical-grade silicone. On top of that, they can be re-used, they are very convenient when it comes to traveling and they are not difficult to squeeze. What is even better, when you use these tubes, you can rest assured that there are no traces of plastic or metal released in the toothpaste. These tubes are very durable and they last for a long period of time.