Estrogen dominance is a term used to describe a health condition in which a woman has excessive, normal, or deficient levels of estrogen, but she doesn’t have a sufficient amount of progesterone to make balance.
Even though this health issue was present for a long time, it seems that people became aware of it in the recent period.
That’s why many of them are looking for sources that can help them learn more about the symptoms and signs of estrogen dominance and those who believe that they have this condition want to know what they can do to fight it.
In this article, we will show you an easy and effective procedure that can help you bring harmony and balance to your body and this procedure can be used by women and men for preventive purposes too.
Before we share the details, let’s highlight the 10 signs and symptoms related to this health problem:
- Poor PMS – frequent mood swings, breast swelling and/or tenderness, headaches, etc;
- Unusual menstrual periods;
- Weight gain mostly in the abs and hips;
- Poor libido;
- Mental fog;
- Thyroid issues;
- Unexplained hair loss;
- Sleeping problems;
- Slow metabolism.
First Step – Eliminate Xenoestrogens
The technological progress and the process of industrialization have brought us many positive things, but they have also resulted in some negative effects.
For instance, many dangerous chemicals and toxins found in the environment penetrate our bodies on a daily basis. One of these chemicals is known as a xenoestrogen.
This chemical compound has the ability to imitate estrogen in the human body. People are exposed to this compound every day so it is no surprise why a huge number of people are dealing with estrogen dominance.
The following is a list of some of the most common contaminants that we should eliminate from our lives:
- Plastic bottles;
- Tap water;
- Non-organic dairy products;
- Plastic Tupperware;
- Toiletries, makeup, and cosmetics;
- Birth control pill;
- BPA cans;
- Soy protein isolate;
- Dryer sheets.
Second Step – Make Sure that There is Effective Removal
There is no doubt that the idea of excess estrogen removal is good, but what happens in case you have chronic constipation? The estrogen can’t leave the body. In cases like this, the excess estrogen will go into the bloodstream and go all over the body making lots of problems.
This is the reason why you must pay special attention to this step before starting a liver and estrogen detox based on supplements.
You must be sure that you have proper bowel movements. In case you don’t, use some of these proven tips:
- Half of your meals should contain veggies;
- Consume three liters of water a day;
- Consume probiotic foods like miso, kimchi, yogurt, tempeh and sauerkraut;
- Put some fiber in your smoothies, parfait, or oatmeal;
- Use Triphala or magnesium citrate as supplements that support proper bowel movement.
If you want to encourage removal via all bodily pathways, you must follow these tips too:
- Practice massaging in order to activate the lymph;
- Breathe deeply to aid the lungs;
- Start sweating with the help of physical activity or just visit a sauna in order to speed up the detoxification through your skin;
- Try dry skin brushing to eliminate dead skin cells (exfoliation).
Third Step – Boost Liver Health and Estrogen Detox
A liver that works well will help you eliminate excess estrogen from every system. This is how you can perform his procedure in an efficient and simple manner. While the first stage of detox lasts, the liver converts dangerous estrogen into a milder form of estrogen. During stage two, the liver converts this weaker form into a water-soluble type of estrogen that can be removed with the help of feces and urine.
Obviously, boosting stage one and stage two detox is very important. However, there are two situations in which you won’t be able to do this:
- In case the liver is not getting the required nutrients to complete stage one and stage two;
- In case there are some other unwanted chemicals present in the liver like drugs, processed food, and alcohol.
This is what each of us can do to boost liver function:
- Consume a lot of fresh, filtered water;
- Consume natural foods and stay away from processed foods;
- Don’t eat too much;
- Stay away from excessive alcohol drinking.
Consume foods that are good for your liver like:
- Dark leafy greens, beets, artichoke, dandelion greens, leeks, Healthline, eggs, garlic, and cruciferous veggies like Brussels sprouts, broccoli, kale, and cabbage.
You can also try some herbs and spices that have proven to be very beneficial for the liver:
- Dandelion root, milk thistle, rosemary, barberry, ginger, gentian, wild yam, licorice, burdock, and red clover.
Finally, use nutrients that will boost the process of detoxification like:
- Folic acid, B12, and B6 vitamins,
- A formula designed to provide a hormonal balance that includes one or a few of these ingredients – sulforaphane, indole-3-carbinol, calcium-D-glucarate or DIM.
Via Centre Spring MD