Unfortunately, the number of people who are dealing with depression around the world is increasing. Depression is often described as a mood disorder with characteristics like low mood and a huge range of different symptoms that are different in different individuals.
Depression is widespread and when it is not so serious, people can follow a healthy lifestyle, but only with proper treatment. However, if depression gets serious, it can destroy your life and even endanger your life. If you are in a situation like this, ask for help right away.
Symptoms and Signs of Depression
- Feelings of desperation;
- Feelings of sadness, sorrow, anxiety, and numbness;
- Feelings of guilt;
- Restlessness and bad temper;
- Chronic fatigue and low energy levels;
- Excessive sleeping or lack of sleeping;
- Problems with concentration and decision-making;
- Suicidal thoughts and attempts.
Even though these signs and symptoms of depression sound horrifying, the good news is that there are natural ways to cope with this problem.
One way to do this is to rely on turmeric, a spice that has strong medicinal properties.
Besides depression, this spice can be used for many different ailments and diseases.
For example, turmeric can protect us from the conversion of healthy cells to cancerous cells. It may be helpful in cases of Alzheimer’s disease.
It is also capable of fighting skin cancer and reducing LDL cholesterol levels.
Many people are using turmeric in cases of arthritis, acidity, stomach problems, jaundice, liver issues, diarrhea, etc.
Some of Most Known Benefits of Turmeric
- Turmeric is packed with antioxidants;
- It comes with strong anti-inflammatory properties;
- It provides some great benefits for the cognitive functions;
- It reduces the risk of heart disease;
- It helps people eliminate depression.
How Can Turmeric Help in Cases of Depression?
The fact is that the pharmaceutical industry has designed a myriad of drugs to combat depression. One of the most popular drugs used for this purpose is Prozac. Although these drugs can be effective, they create some serious side effects including suicidal thoughts, breathing problems, and internal bleeding (in the stomach).
Scientists have conducted many studies focused n turmeric and they have confirmed that the active ingredient of turmeric – curcumin, has the ability to bring positive effects in cases of major depressive disorder. It brings the same benefits as Prozac, but without the dangerous side effects.
Turmeric Lemonade Recipe
- Two tablespoons of powdered or grated turmeric;
- Four cups of sparkling or cold filtered water;
- Lemon or lime juice (two lemons/limes);
- Four tablespoons of organic maple syrup, Stevia, or honey in case you don’t want to use sugar;
- Blood orange juice from one blood orange (optional).
Take all these ingredients, put them in a small to mid-size pitcher and mix them well. After that, serve with one slice of lemon. You will feel improvement after a few days.