There are about 3,000 different skin conditions, many of which require delicate treatment. They can appear in people of all ages, and the most common skin problems and diseases are skin tags, age spots, warts, moles, and blackheads.
Every change in the skin’s texture, color, or smell can be a potential health problem which requires quick treatment. Although there are many available pharmaceutical drugs to use in such conditions, many of them can act aggressively and harshly on the skin.
Therefore, we offer you the most effective and inexpensive homemade recipes to prevent and treat various skin conditions, at the same time giving you a healthy and glowing skin.
Although usually moles aren’t a serious health threat, if they start to change in size or color, it might indicate a cancer symptom. Nevertheless, you can try several safe and natural remedies to get rid of them. Some of them include garlic, some apple cider vinegar, and others baking soda and castor oil. Take a look at the most effective home remedies for mole treatment:
- Garlic. You can treat moles with both, garlic extract and raw garlic. Use petroleum jelly or masking tape to clear the skin around the mole, or even better, use oil and beeswax as a natural alternative to petroleum jelly. After applying topically, bandage the mole and keep doing this method until you see improvement.
- Baking Soda and Castor Oil. Make a paste by mixing baking soda and castor oil, and apply topically onto the mole. Cover the area with a bandage and allow it to act overnight. The next morning, wash the skin well. Keep doing this every night before bedtime, until you see positive results.
- Apple Cider Vinegar. Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and apply it onto the mole. Cover the area with a bandage and let it stay for 8 hours. Keep doing this until your mole darkens and falls off.
Warts appear as a results of HPV or human papillomavirus. Usually the treatment includes freezing or salicylic acid. Another helpful method is wrapping them into duct tape. Nevertheless, here are other effective wart treatments:
- Bananas. You can use banana peels as a fastest way to get rid of warts. Just rub it against your wart every night, and in about 2 weeks you will notice positive results.
- Pure Raw Honey. Another effective way to eliminate your warts is rubbing raw honey directly onto them, and bandaging the skin area afterwards. Your warts will have very small chances of reoccurring after treated with honey.
- Apple Cider Vinegar. Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and apply it onto your warts every night. Wrap the area with a bandage and let it act overnight. Wash and repeat until warts disappear.
- Garlic. You can use both, raw or juiced garlic as a quick way to get rid of warts. Rub it against the wart and bandage the area, or apply garlic juice two times a day. Do this 14 days, and you will see improvement.
3. Skin Tags
These usually occur on the area around your neck, eyelids, underarms, and upper chest, mostly because of skin rubbing. The typical treatment of skin tags involves tying off, cutting off, and freezing, but we offer you some more natural ways to get rid of them:
- Apple Cider Vinegar. After soaking a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar, squeeze the excess liquid and tap the skin tag. Allow it to stay for some time. Your skin tag will darken and fall off within couple of days.
- Tea Tree Oil. Soak a cotton ball in water and add several drops of tea tree oil on it. Press it against the skin tag and bandage well. Do this procedure two or three times a day for a period of one month. Be patient and persistent and you will see positive results.
- Castor Oil and Baking Soda. Besides treating moles, you can also use this mixture for treating skin tags. Make a paste by mixing baking soda and castor oil, apply it on the affected area, and bandage it well. Do this two or three times per day. Keep the paste in the fridge for the next 2 days.
4. Dark Spots
Dark spots usually appear on the face or limbs, and they come with age. Although the precise reason for their appearance is not clear, experts associate it with aging liver and sun exposure. We present you the following methods to treat them:
- Lemon. Rub a soaked cotton ball in lemon juice on your dark spots twice a day.
- Onion. One of the many benefits of onion is clearing dark spots. Apply juiced or blended onion directly on the affected area. Allow it to stay for 10 to 15 minutes, and then wash it off. Keep doing this until your dark spots fade.
- Aloe Vera. Apply raw Aloe Vera on the affected area and allow it to stay for half an hour. If you have this plant in your home, use the gel inside the leaves.
- Horseradish. Prepare a mixture of vinegar and horseradish, and apply it on your dark spots. Repeat this every day, and you will see how your dark spots slowly fade.
- Vitamin C Serums. An ideal treatment for fading your dark spots is using homemade vitamin C serums. Just apply topically on the affected area and you will quickly see the positive results. You can use these serums for treating other damaged skin tissues.
5. Clogged Pores
The pores of the skin might clog when the skin is in contact with outer dirt. In such cases, the skin doesn’t breathe properly. To get soft and glowing skin without inflammation, try the following treatments:
- Sugar Scrub. Mix sugar and lemon to make a paste. Use organic cotton ball to rub the paste against the affected skin area with circular movements. Then, wash it off with warm water.
- Steaming. You can make your skin cleaned and shiny simply with the help of water stream. Wash your face well, and place it over boiling water. For best results, cover your head using a towel and hold that position for 10-15 minutes. Expose your face to the steam as much as you can. Then, wash your face with lukewarm water. You can also apply some vinegar to remove any excess dirt.