10 Innovative Ways To Make Water Less Boring

August

6

0 comments

Most people are well-aware of the importance of water for the processes that take place in our body. Water can speed up the metabolism, increase our energy, improve skin health, help weight loss and defend us from diseases. If we are not drinking enough water we can experience some serious health problems like electrolyte imbalance, dehydration and certain diseases.

Of course, we take water from our food too, but that’s only 20%, the other 80% come from drinking water. Although not all experts agree about the exact amount of water we should drink, most of them recommend about 90 ounces of water for women and 125 ounces of water for men per day.

Ways To Make Water Less Boring

Unfortunately, plain water doesn’t have any taste and drinking it all the time can be boring. The good news is that there are some natural ways to spice up the taste of the water and in addition, bring some important nutrients that can help your body.

1. Add Some Lime

In order to improve the taste, add some lime or a small quantity of fruit juice (with no sugar) to a sparkling water. You can also use lemon, orange or lime rind.

2. Add Some Green Slices of Cucumber

Use a pile of green cucumber in a bowl of water in order to get a refreshing drink. What is even more interesting is that the scent of the cucumber has the ability to improve women libido for up to 13%.

3. Use Some Flowers or Herbs

Improve the taste and nutritional value of your water by adding freshly sliced or powdered lemongrass, crushed mint leaves or ginger. In addition, you can use lavender hips or rose too. The flowers have the ability to soothe arthritis pain and the herbs are a rich source of vitamin C.

4. Make a Fruity Drink

Add some sliced orange, cherries, pineapple, berries or other similar fruits which are packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. You will improve your health and make your water taste better.

5. Create Sassy Water

This type of water includes cucumber, lemon, spearmint and ginger, a combination that will support your weight loss efforts.

6. Consume Fruits and Vegetables Rich in Water

Vegetables like lettuce, onions, cucumbers and others are a rich source of water. Besides the large amount of water, water-rich fruits will also provide many different nutrients like fiber, folate, potassium, vitamin A and vitamin C.

7. Use Tea in Your Water

Green tea is known for its ability to improve heart health and defend lungs from cancer. In addition, it speeds up the process of burning fat. The polyphenols found in it in a combination with caffeine, accelerate the metabolism and support calorie burn.

Black tea is packed with flavonoids and catechins, compounds that keep the body safe from cancer and cardiovascular problems.

Sage tea can also be helpful for people who are experiencing excessive sweating while chamomile tea can stabilize blood pressure and aid digestion. Finally, ginger tea can soothe arthritis pain and ease stomach pain.

10 Innovative Ways To Make Water Less Boring

8. Change The Temperature

Don’t drink your water at the same temperature all the time. Drink warm, lukewarm or cold water. This will certainly make this experience more interesting.

9. Have a Broth

Vegetable or chicken broths are usually used in the winter period and they are a great way to hydrate the body. We should not forget that they also have many nutrients like vitamins and proteins.

10. Fruit Ice Cubes

Instead of waiting for the fruit pieces to mix with the water or slicing pieces of fruit, prepare fruit ice cubes and use them whenever you want to spice up your water.

Source: Health Digezt

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}
>