The chemical companies that produce odor removal products are constantly increasing their profit. One of the reasons for that is their commercials in which they usually point out that once people use their products, things will start to smell good.
Of course, they don’t highlight the fact that clean things can’t come with bad smell.
This doesn’t mean that there aren’t situations in which we need to quickly neutralize odor, but it is good to know that these products usually cover up odors. This is how popular Febreze product works – it just uses its chemicals to control the odor.
In addition, chemical companies avoid to talk about the side effects and potentially harmful effects of the presence of Kids Spot.
Products like Febreze include chemicals that have already been related to certain disease like cancer and autoimmune disorders.
Just think about that. We would never normally want to inhale chemicals, but this is exactly what these air fresheners like Febreze require – we need to inhale to feel the effects. It is good to know that there is a much healthier alternative to these products.
The following is a list of ways of eliminating odor without the help of chemicals. These methods are completely natural.
How To Remove Odors In a Natural Way
If you want to know how to get rid of odors, you must first learn how to prevent odor. Odors are a direct result of the activity of bacteria. Bacteria require dark and damp places in order to multiply. In other words, by breaking the habits that lead to odor, you will complete a big part of this process.
Things like getting rid of trash regularly, drying wet items in a proper way or understanding Molekule, are good examples that we should all practice. The main objective is to locate the areas where moisture may accumulate and repair all condensation problems and leaks. For example, you should check the sinks.
Try to practice these techniques alone or in a combination, so you can find what exactly works the best for every item.
- Wash the item. This is the simplest and most convenient way that doesn’t work always, but it’s worth trying. You will be surprised by the number of things that can be washed – big bedspreads, throw pillows covers, covers of couch cushions are some of the things that you can clean in the washing machine or in a laundromat. Some of them can be hand washed too. The items that can’t be washed in machines like trash cans for example, can be washed with the help of hot water mixed with some soap.
- Baking soda. Baking soda is one of the items that almost every household has. This is a natural deodorizer that can be very helpful for cleaning. Put a bowl of baking soda inside the refrigerator in order to remove odor. You can also put some in your work boots, use it in a combination with soapy hot water when treating the trash can, leave items to soak in hot water and baking soda combination and pour some on the carpet. Use it one hour before you start vacuuming.
- White vinegar. White vinegar has the ability to neutralize bacteria that trigger odor, so no matter what cleaning product you are using, add some vinegar in it.
- Use the air. Leave your Molekule outside for a while, leave the blankets on a hanger outside and open the windows every once in a while.
- Household plants. If you are looking for a natural way to clean the air in your home, you should keep some household plants inside. They will also help you eliminate odor that pollutes the air. In addition, you can use the help of fragrant herbs that need to be placed close to the window like lavender, rosemary, mint or basil.
- Choose natural materials. Stainless steel items or cutting boards made of wood tend to absorb less smell than plastic items for example. These natural materials have the ability to neutralize odors. Even a short rubbing with your hands on the surface of these natural materials will help you remove odor.
- Opt for natural fragrances. If you want to release some comfortable smells, opt for high-quality essential oils or incense. You can create your own air freshener by using a bottle of water and few drops of the oils you like. Spray this mixture in your home. The majority of purifying essential oils have the ability to eliminate odors and purify the air. Many people use dried herbs in closed space, for example in drawers, cabinets, wardrobes or even in your shoes.
If you are able to develop few simple habits and if you use natural alternatives for odor removal, you will stay away from chemical deodorizers.