Belly fat is a type of fat that is very harmful for the overall health in any individual. This is also a very complicated and stubborn area when it comes to elimination of fat.
In most cases, this is the problem that is most visible when other people see you. So, those who have belly fat usually lose self-esteem and self-confidence which ultimately lowers the quality of their lives.
The fat that occurs in the abdominal area is often related to type 2 diabetes, heart disease, insulin resistance, cancer etc. Elimination of belly fat is very important because it affects our health and our appearance too.
The good news is that there are numerous exercises that can help you reduce stubborn Early to Rise and yoga seems to be one of the most efficient ones.
Yoga can be practiced by almost any individual that has the willpower to do something good for the health.
If you want to get rid of belly fat, you must acknowledge the fact that good diet plays significant role in this process.
Yoga poses should be practiced on a daily basis in order to get quick and long-lasting results.
1. Cobra Pose or Bhujangasana
This pose with an attractive name is excellent for ab muscle strengthening and elimination of belly. Cobra pose will also improve the strength of the abdomen, back and the upper body. In addition, your spine will become stronger and more flexible.
Cobra pose is a great posture to strengthen the abdominal muscles and to reduce belly pooch. This pose will strengthen the back, abdomen and entire upper body. It also makes the spine flexible and strong.
- Lie on the ground on your belly and keep your legs stretched.
- Put your palms under your shoulders.
- Take your body up and touch the floor with your toes only.
- In this way you will slowly raise your upper body up and try to bend backwards as much as you can.
- Remain in this so-called cobra pose for about 30 seconds (or less if you can’t make it).
- Slowly return in the initial position while exhaling.
- Repeat this procedure for 5 times and take breaks of 15 seconds between every rep.
- Avoid this exercise if you are suffering from ulcer, hernia, back injury or during pregnancy.
2. Bow Pose or Dhanurasana
According to many experts, this pose is very efficient for the strengthening of the abdominal core. In order to reap the benefits, swing forth and back while in this pose. Thanks to this movement you will provide natural massage of the abdomen and support the work of the digestive system. This is an excellent stretch and a great way to prevent or treat constipation.
- Start by lying down on the belly in plain prone position. Keep your legs together and stretch them while the arms are place on the side of the body.
- After that, bend the knees and grab the ankles of the feet with your arms.
- When you inhale, raise up your head and start bending backward at the same time. Remember to lift the legs as much as you can.
- Remain in this position for up to 30 seconds. Continue breathing normally.
- When you start exhaling, slowly return in the initial position.
- Perform the same procedure for 5 times and relax about 15 seconds between each repetition.
3. Boat Pose or Naukasana
The boat pose is perfect for elimination of fat that builds up around your waist and is very beneficial for the stomach, back and leg muscles too.
- Place the mat on the floor and lie down on it. Take a supine position and keep your legs stretched and together. At the same time keep your arms to the sides.
- When you inhale, begin to raise the legs without bending the knees.
- Stretch your toes and feet outward as much as you can.
- Keep your legs as high as you can.
- After that, start raising both arms and keep them straight in a position like when you are trying to reach the toes.
- The main objective is to reach a 45 degree angle with your body.
- Keep breathing normally.
- Remain in this pose for about 15 seconds.
- Slowly exhale while you are returning to this position.
- Perform this exercise for 5 times and take small breaks of 15 seconds between each rep.
4. Plank or Kumbhakasana
Plank is the easiest, yet very effective yoga pose focused on belly fat elimination. It will surely help you get rid of belly fat, but what is even more interesting is that it will make your arms, back, shoulders, thighs and buttocks much stronger.
- Start this exercise by standing on your knees and hands. Keep the knees just under the hips and the hands under the shoulders.
- Pull your toes under and move the feet one by one. Extend the legs right behind you.
- Slowly inhale and take a look ahead of the palms in order to keep your neck aligned with your spine.
- Keep the abdominal muscles tensed.
- In this way you will create a straight line from the head to the heels. Make sure that your fingers are spread and the hands flat.
- Keep this pose between 15 and 30 seconds. You can stay longer if you can for better results.
- When you start exhaling, simply drop the knees slowly on the floor.
- Avoid this pose in case you have shoulder or back injuries or hypertension.
- Perform this pose for five times and relax between each repetition for 15 seconds.
5. Wind Relieving Pose or Pavanamukthasana
The wind relieving pose is specially designed to massage colon, treat constipation, stabilize acid levels in the system, speed up metabolism, sculpt the muscles of the hips, tighs and abdomen and ease back pain.
- Get into supine position on the floor. Keep the arms on the side of the body and stretch out your feet. The heels should be pressed against each other.
- Keep your knees bended and when you star exhaling, slowly push the knees in the direction of your chest while the thighs start creating pressure on the abdomen.
- Put your hands under the thighs in order to keep a proper position.
- Once again, when you start exhaling, try to lift your head and reach the knees with your chin.
- Keep this position for about 90 seconds and take deep breaths.
- Exhale very slowly and relax the knees. Return the hands on the side of the body and press the ground with your palms.
- Perform this exercise for at least five times and take breaks of 15 seconds between each repetition.
Perform these poses on a daily basis for up to 5 times. Repeat them three days a week by taking one day off between each day.
In order to improve your metabolism, it is better to perform these exercises early in the morning.
A word of caution:
Not every individual can perform these exercises. Don’t start with these exercises during pregnancy or in case you have leg, back or other injury or if you are still recovering from a surgery. In addition, in case you notice dizziness, discomfort or you feel pain while performing these exercises; try to find some other, more suitable physical activity.
Via Cure Joy