Many people are worried about their health. It is easy to understand why. People live in an era where stress is at an all-time high. Trying to cope with the stresses associated with work, family life and outside factors can sometimes make it extremely difficult to live a healthy lifestyle.
These issues, coupled with the hormones that are released when stress occurs, can start something of a domino effect when it comes to your health. This is especially true concerning the health of your heart.
In fact, hormones like adrenaline and cortisol can do significant damage to the heart muscle when they are released on an almost constant basis. It causes a spike in blood pressure which ultimately causes the heart to work harder than normal.
Eventually, all of this increased effort can lead to problems such as increased plaque in the arteries, an enlarged heart, heart failure and heart rhythm abnormalities. It also makes a person much more prone to suffering a heart attack.
Lack of sleep, poor eating habits and other things that naturally occur with an increase in stress levels only serve to exacerbate the problem. As a result, it is imperative to find natural ways to unclog arteries in order to maintain health.
A recent study revealed in the reputable Atherosclerosis journal has shown that extract from pomegranate may protect the body from cardiac arrest or/and drive back the primary pathology linked to cardiac fatalities. This pathology involves growing thickening of the arteries that surround and supply the heart as a direct result of the buildup of fatty substances also known as atherosclerosis.
Pomegranate has the ability not only to make blood circulation in the cardiovascular system of patients suffering from heart issues better, but it can also help them decrease hypertension and reduce inflammation. These fruits can assist the process of elimination of excess triglycerides. These triglycerides are accumulating because people practice diets full of processed foods. By eliminating excess triglycerides, we can prevent many different heart problems including heart attacks.
11 Simple Ways to Improve Your Health with Pomegranates
- This fruit eliminates body fat. A scientific study conducted by the researchers from the University of Edinburgh has shown that pomegranates can significantly reduce visceral fat which is the most harmful type of fat in the system.
- Pomegranates are rich in antioxidant which makes them ideal against heart disease.
- Lowering the levels of bad LDL.
- Reduction of plaque buildup in the arteries and prevention of blood clots.
- Another research conducted not while ago has confirmed that pomegranate consumption on a regular basis can help patients suffering from E Times, prostate cancer, lymphoma and diabetes.
- Pomegranates are packed with vitamin C and that’s why they are very useful against different infections.
- In addition, their strong anti-inflammatory properties can soothe inflammation.
- This fruit is excellent for the teeth and oral health because they contain antibacterial substances and compounds which can protect the oral cavity from dental plaque.
- Pomegranate can significantly improve the health of the liver especially if it is damaged. The juice made from pomegranate can regenerate the liver.
- This fruit defends the DNA. It is rich in antioxidants and phytonutrients that can establish connection with the DNA and provide protection.
- Finally, pomegranates are very useful for the newborns. A recent study posted in the Pediatric Research has revealed that drinking pomegranate juice while pregnant can help newborns completely protect their brains in cases of traumatic births.
How To Choose Pomegranates
Select firm, big and pomegranates with a smooth skin. Pomegranates with high quality have rich texture and colors and don’t have any blemishes or cuts.
How To Store Pomegranates in a Proper Way
If they are stored at a dry and cool place, these fruits can last for up to 30 days. If they are stored in the fridge, they can last up to 60 days.
Pomegranates Preparation Method
Cut of the top of the fruit. Cut the skin in four directions and open the fruit. After that, place each quarter under water and clear the seeds with your fingers. If everything goes well, the seeds will sink while the white membrane will float. Remove the membranes and separate the seeds. You can eat these seeds raw, but you can also put them in desserts and salads.
Here is how to make a fresh pomegranate juice.
Via THE EPOCH TIMES