Water is the best drink that anyone can consume for their bodies. But did you know that you can supercharge the water and make it even better just by adding some common household ingredients that nearly everyone has lying around the house?
These waters will leave the body feeling good and will help with the digestive process.
6 Epic Ways to Turn Water into a Food Elixir
1. Cinnamon added to water can not only give it a flavorful kick but help ward off any viruses as well. It will regulate the blood sugar in the body, and help with digestion. And it has been known to help increase the fat-burning process. Simply take a cinnamon stick, and place it in a glass of water. Wait for the water to have an aroma to it, then take out the cinnamon stick and consume.
2. Lemon and limes are wonderful to add to water. They are chock full of vitamin C, which will neutralize the body of free radicals. It will cleanse out the body, and help with the digestion process. Simply squeeze half a lemon or lime into a glass of water and see the results once you have consumed the beverage.
3. Ginger is another great addition to water. Ginger has been used for years for those that suffer from bad digestion, flatulence, cramps, and nausea. Blood circulation will also be improved by consuming ginger, and it has anti-inflammatory and antiviral properties. Take one piece of ginger that is the size of a thumb and chop it into small pieces. Add this to a glass of water and then drink. After the water is consumed, the ginger pieces may be eaten.
4. Cucumber adds a refreshing delight to water. Simply chop one cucumber up into pieces, then add to water. Once the water is gone, eat the cucumber pieces to add extra fiber to the diet. Cucumbers are known to expel toxins from the body. You can also try this amazing Sassy Water recipe.
5. Cloves can be added to water to give it a kick. And after the water is gone, the cloves may be eaten. Just use caution as they do taste hot. Combine 4 to 5 cloves in a glass of water and let sit until an aroma develops. Cloves will help to fight parasites that are found in the body and will aid in digestion.
6. Mint leaves make a great addition to freshwater. Mint leaves are known to cure upset stomachs and will help the saliva glands produce better. Mint will also aid indigestion.
Source: Dr Barbara Hendel