The 10 Commandments Of Emotional Illiteracy
Emotional literacy is a skill that involves emotional intelligence (refinement in knowledge and understanding of your own and other people’s emotions), and the ability of the best way to use our emotions to increase ethical, personal and social power for our own good and for the benefit of others.
1. Put love in the heart of your emotional life. Emotional intelligence, heart oriented, gives strength to all who come in contact with it.
2. Emotional literacy requires not to lie and not to keep silent. Do not try to lie, except when your personal safety or the safety of others is in question.
3. Fight for what you want and what you love. If you do not do that, it is very unlikely that someone else will do it for you.
4. Emotional literacy requires not to manipulate others with powerful games. Politely, but persistently, look for what you need and for what you long for… until you are satisfied.
5. Do not allow others manipulate you with powerful games. Politely, but stubbornly, refuse to do anything you do not want to do, according to your own free will.
6. Follow the ideas, feelings and wishes of others – just like you respect your own. Listening to Ideas of others does not mean that you have to settle with them.
7. Apologize about your mistakes and try to fix them. Nothing will go faster than this.
8. Do not accept false apologies. They have even less value than ever…It is same as you have not received an apology at all.
9. Love yourself, the others and the truth, equally. Never sacrifice one for the other.
10. Follow these commandments according to your own. Finally, they are not carved in stone.