Save Your Life! – How To Recognize Skin Cancer
(HealthAndLovePage) Skin cancer is the most common type of cancer in the world. More than five million people are treated for skin cancer each year in the US alone. Therefore, it is important to know how to recognize skin cancer.
According to the same statistics, there is a growing number of patients suffering from this type of cancer every year and it can be compared to the number of people suffering from prostate, colon, lung and breast cancer.
How To Recognize Skin Cancer
Sadly, experts confirm that about 20% of Americans will develop skin cancer at some point in their lives. These experts claim that identifying skin cancer signs often means saving your life.
So, always be careful and seek advice in case you notice some of the following symptoms:
- Moles with uneven and sporadic borders.
- Asymmetric and irregular moles. A typical normal mole is symmetric and round.
- These so-called normal moles come in only one color. Different colors like brown, gray, blue and black in one mole usually mean that something is not right.
- Check your health in case the diameter of the mole surpasses 0.25 inches.
- Certain changes in the mole that happen over time – size, color and/or shape.
In case you identify anything out of the ordinary visit your physician as soon as possible. Like the old saying goes – better safe than sorry. By performing check-ups on a regular basis you will lower the chances of developing this vicious disease and the long and unpleasant skin cancer treatments that follow.