Unfortunately, there is a high number of people dealing with this vicious health problem and this number is growing each year. In case you didn’t know, diabetes represents a metabolic disease characterized by high levels of blood sugar.
It is good to point out that people suffering from diabetes should not be the only category of people concerned about the levels of blood sugar. Any individual who wants to be healthy should take care of blood sugar levels.
We must take this issue seriously because even in cases where the individual is healthy, but has high levels of blood sugar for an extended time period, this situation can result in diabetes or some other similar and equally dangerous health issues.
People should be aware of the fact that certain foods can lead to sugar spikes and boost these levels and we are not talking only about cakes, candies, soft drinks and other sugary products.
To start with, you must be aware that people can notice high blood sugar levels signs and symptoms in case they experience hunger all the time or in case they increase weight even when they are not taking too many calories or when they have frequent issues with their digestive system.
Now let’s highlight the typical risk factors that lead to high levels of blood sugar in men and women:
- Improper diet;
- Taking specific medications;
- Specific health conditions;
- Absence of physical activity and exercise.
When it comes to the symptoms, we should mention that experiencing these symptoms and signs doesn’t necessarily mean that you are suffering from diabetes. These symptoms are simply indicating that your blood sugar levels are too high.
- Dry mouth;
- Dry and/or itchy skin;
- Stomach problems;
- Slow wound healing;
- Memory and concentration problems;
- Frequent urination;
- Nerve issues;
- Unexplained weight gain;
- Vision problems;
- Infections and fatigue.
Reduction of Blood Sugar Levels with Glycemic Food
You probably know that the Glycemic Index or simple GI starts from 0 and goes up to 100. This index is here to show us the amount of carbs in different foods which increase blood sugar.
Keep in mind that high-GI ingredients are processed much faster than low-GI foods.
In case you are looking for a way to eliminate blood sugar symptoms, you will need to take more low-GI foods because they have the ability to reduce insulin levels. In addition, these foods are great for weight management.
Now here’s the GI Food List:
- One cup of hummus equals – 6;
- One egg – 0;
- One mid-sized yellow onion – 10;
- One cup of broccoli – 10;
- One cup of cashew nuts – 22;
- One cup of walnuts – 15;
- One large grapefruit – 50;
- One cup of cherries – 22;
- One cup of yogurt – 23;
- One cup of butter beans – 34;
- One Turkey sausage – 28;
- One mid-sized apple – 38;
- One cup of kidney beans – 31;
- One cup of spaghetti – 42;
- Eight ounces of tomato juice – 38;
- Eight ounces of pineapple juice – 46;
- One cup of green grapes – 46;
- One medium orange – 48;
- One large carrot – 47;
- One cup of peas – 54;
- One large banana – 52.
So, this list includes low GI foods which you should take on a daily basis. Every food that is found on the GI scale between 0 and 54 is a low GI food.
- One tablespoon of raw honey – 55;
- One cup of brown rice – 55;
- One serving of macaroni and cheese – 64;
- One cup of oatmeal – 58;
- One cup of regular white rice – 64.
Some experts call these foods moderate GI foods and people should take them moderately. They are located on the scale between 55 and 69.
- Two cups of popcorn – 72;
- One slice of regular white bread – 70;
- One rice cake – 78;
- One doughnut (glazed) – 76;
- One mid-sized baked potato – 85;
- 50 grams of glucose – 100;
- One serving of corn flakes – 92.
Obviously, the last list was dedicated to high GI foods. The best idea is to remove them from your daily menu. High GI foods are found on the scale between 70 and 100. Frequent consumption of these foods can lead to many serious health issues.
We hope that this article will help you understand the importance of the food you consume and how it affects your health. Please, share this article with your family and friends and help them start practicing a healthier lifestyle.
Via Love This Pic