How to Improve Your Varicose Veins Naturally
Today many people suffer from varicose veins. There are several ways to slow down their appearance and prevent them not to get worse than they already are.
Varicose veins can appear anywhere on the body, but they are most commonly found in the legs. The reason for their appearance is usually gaining big weight, injuries on your feet, running long distances or pregnancies. Estrogen treatments can also increase the problem.
Such treatments include birth control pills, or a hormone therapy.
When the legs are pumping body against the heart gravity, there is an added pressure on the veins, which slows down the blood flow. The veins then become twisted, weak and get larger. That is how varicose veins happen.
Varicose veins can cause pain in the ankle joints, while the skin can become more thick and hard around the ankles and the legs.
The extreme case is an inflammation of the veins that can cause thrombosis. It can lead to blood clots formation.
Varicose veins are usually hereditary, but they can be found in people who use their legs a lot throughout the day, like waiters, shop assistants, athletes, doctors, hairdressers, etc.
What is a bit surprising is that not many people treat properly the varicose veins and although there are no certain ways to stop them from appearing. However, it is still possible to slow them down and prevent them from becoming worse.
How to Improve Varicose Veins Naturally – Tips
1. Avoid tough physical activity that applies big pressure on the veins, such as heavy weight lifting.
2. Instead showering with hot water, use colder water or mix it up, because the cold water shrinks the veins. You can also Kick Your Excess Pounds and Bad Mood With Simple Detox Bath.
3. If your work involves longer walking or standing, you should shake off your legs occasionally to prevent blood accumulation in your legs. In addition, you should not cross your feet while sitting, as it increases the pressure on the veins.
4. Moderate walking or swimming are positive ways of improving the varicose veins. These activities can help a lot because they are strengthening the walls of the blood vessels and prevent the varicose veins formation.
5. When you are sitting, it is best to hold up your legs a bit raised, because that will help the blood to flow easier from the heart to the legs.
6. Eat food that is anti-inflammatory, such as blueberries, ginger, olive oil, broccoli, parsley or turmeric. Inflammation is reducing the blood flow, so by eating this type of food you will prevent that from happening.
7. Take supplements such as Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Magnesium or Zinc as they are strengthening the blood vessels and make them be more elastic. This prevents the varicose veins from appearing.
8. Wear comfortable shoes or sneakers, so there is no pressure on your feet.
9. It is also recommended to wear Gloves in a Bottle or stockings that are providing support. This way the veins will not get any worse than they are.