How Much Walking You Need To Lose Weight
As you are probably aware, walking is among the most efficient and safest types of physical activity. It all depends on your body type, current weight and intensity/duration of walking, but it is possible to lose one pound or even more every week if you rely on this exercise. This means that you can lose more than 10 pounds in three months and you won’t have to join a gym or fitness center to achieve that or to make radical changes in your diet.
Don’t forget that besides losing weight and burning fat, walking also helps you strengthen almost all muscle groups and boosts your overall health. When you understand how to perform walking for weight loss in the right way, you will be able to create a simple and healthy fitness routine.
How Walking Helps You Drop Weight?
Your walking pace/speed and your own weight directly affect the final number of calories you will be able to burn. Generally speaking, in case you walk about 4 miles per hour (which is a normal pace) you will be able to burn about 400 calories in one hour.
Of course, this doesn’t mean that you should actually walk four miles a day. For instance, in case you walk 3 miles more you will burn 300 calories more. In addition, you can walk shorter paths, but with higher pace. Feel free to use a pedometer device to calculate the distance you’ve walked each day.
How Can Pedometers Improve Weight Loss?
In case you are interested in losing weight with the help of walking, it is always a good idea to go to the local fitness store or online and purchase a high quality pedometer. There are also some smart wristbands that can monitor your activities on a daily basis.
Pedometer is a very useful small device you can use on the clothes close to the hips. This device is lightweight and comes with a huge range of features and options. Of course, the main goal of this device is to provide precise number of steps you make while you are exercising or throughout the day.
If you want to discover how many miles you’ll need to walk to lose those stubborn extra pounds, you must figure out how many miles you are walking currently. After a few days you’ll know for sure how many miles you must add or how many steps you need to make in order to lose weight.
For instance, in case you currently make about 7.500 steps a day and you are able to keep the same weight, the number of steps you need to take each day in order to drop weight can easily be calculated with mathematical formulas. Once you know how to calculate this, you will just need to boost mileage depending on the amount of calories you want to eliminate.
So, How many Steps Each of Us Must Take to Drop Weight?
According to many experts, an average individual must make around 2000 steps in one mile because one mile eliminates roughly 100 calories. In other words, the pedometer will aid your effort to monitor the steps, how many miles you take every day and the amount of calories you’ve burned. This device can also help you in case you have limited time for physical activity because you will know how many steps you must add to achieve your goal.
- One mile equals 2000 steps and about calories eliminated
- One pound equals 3500 calories
- If you want to lose one pound a week then you must manage to reach 500 calorie deficit each day
- Finally, if you want to drop one pound every week then you must make additional 10.000 steps a day.
In case 10.000 steps seem scary to you, we will provide a couple of ideas on how to reach this seemingly huge number even if you are very busy. Keep in mind that it is not necessary to being with 10.000 steps. You can start this procedure slowly and gradually increase the number of steps you make.
- Leave the bus a mile or two before your office or home and walk.
- Park your car away from your final destination and walk.
- Forget the lift and use the stairs.
- Walk with your children to their school.
Every pedometer is different. Some of them are really sophisticated and may come with special features like the amount of calories you’ve lost and the number of pounds you’ve eliminated. They also keep records of your activities for a week or even more so you can easily analyze your progress. In this way, you will be able to monitor the progress, introduce some changes and realize how important physical activity and walking is.
Remember that you should not try to save money on your pedometer. Always purchase a reliable pedometer with good reviews and top notch features. Even the AMA (American medical Association) claims that using a pedometer is crucial for permanent weight management and efficient natural weight loss.
Is It Possible to Keep Things Interesting?
Let’s be honest – walking the same road again and again will eventually become boring, so it is nice to introduce some changes every once in a while.
- Try to walk in various parks, different districts and don’t hesitate to use an iPod or MP3 player in order to make your walking experience more pleasant and get motivation.
- Don’t be afraid of the cold weather, this doesn’t mean that your physical activity should stop. You can always buy a treadmill and put it in your living room. Feel free to position your treadmill in any direction you want – you can choose to watch TV or to enjoy the view from the window of your house/apartment.
- Many people claim that walking together with a friend or family member is much more efficient and enjoyable. You don’t have to walk with them all the time. For instance, they can join you once or twice a week or only on a part of your route. This is a nice way to spice up thing a little bit and avoid boredom.
- Keep everything interesting and bring as many changes as you want.
The vast majority of people know how to walk and the process of learning is among the first ones in our childhood. But, modern people often walk improperly due to poor lifestyle choices and bad posture.
If you are walking and using this activity as a form of exercise, you must be sure that your chin is up and that your eyes have focus placed on what’s going on about 10-12 feet forward. In addition, remain a long stride and keep the abdominal area in the direction of your spine. Finally, don’t forget to keep the glutes squeezed. This is how you can get the most from every walking workout.
Frequency of Walking
Prior to the implementation of this new workout routine, it is very important to talk to your doctor in order to find out whether you should use this physical activity.
When you get a green light from your doctor, you should start waking three days a week for around 20 minutes. After that, you should slowly increase the frequency and reach between 30 and 60 minutes a day 5-6 days a week.
People are very excited when they hear that even moderate physical activity can significantly improve their weight loss efforts. In addition, this is one of the few things that can help you drop almost 90 pounds in less than a year without special diets. Using physical activities in your everyday life is definitely a healthy habit. Many fitness specialists and doctors can confirm this.
Ways to Speed Up Weight Loss
We should remember that walking is one method to lose weight naturally. In order to lose weight you can also include some of these things in your life:
- Learn how to achieve hormonal balance and burn fat
- Use fat flush water techniques to burn fat
- Rely on certain foods that are known for their ability to burn calories and fat
- Include spices and herbs that support weight loss too.
Losing weight is not something that happens overnight, but by walking more than you usually do, you should be able to lose weight in a short period of time.