Those looking for a way to improve their overall health should definitely take a closer look at the way their lymphatic system works. The proper functioning of this system is crucial because it affects the work of all other systems found in human body like the digestive system, immune system, nervous system the process of detoxification etc.
As a matter of fact, many experts claim that bad lymph health contributes to the development of many health conditions starting from cellulite to the much worse development of cancer.
Most of the content of lymph tissue is closely related to the gut. This content is known as gut-associated lymphoid tissue or GALT. The immunity or most of our immunity starts in the lymphatic tissue. Since the digestive tract is the most important pathway of entry for dangerous substances like heavy metals, bacteria, allergens, fungi, molds, trans fats and chemicals, the gut are practically the most important defense of the system.
The process of detoxification in a natural way was known even to Native Americans. The Indian Ayurveda techniques for detoxification and the so-called sweat lodges are practiced for thousands of years. Assisting the body’s effort to get rid of accumulated toxins through the process of natural detoxification improves the wellness and prevents the development of diseases and illnesses in the future.
The detoxification of the lymphatic system is a well-known measure for prevention of health recognized by many doctors from Europe to Australia.
3-Day Lymphatic System Cleanse
This is a lymphatic cleanse procedure advised by many nutritionists and personal trainers. Before you start practicing these techniques it is a good idea to ask your doctor about their opinion. It is also good to point out that this procedure may last for additional three days in order to get the best results.
- To start with, you will have to remove all the foods that can act as allergens, like wheat, dairy, soy, corn, food additives and preservatives, from your menu.
- Stay away from all processed and refined drinks and foods. Pasta, bread, cereal, crackers, cookies and similar foods that come in a box or include added sugar are forbidden.
- Remove fast food like onion rings, donuts and French fries as well as trans fatty acids usually found in margarine from the menu too.
- Reduce coffee intake (drink coffee in the morning, but make sure to eat something before you drink it because it can produce negative effects on the body). You should also stay away from the drinks and substances that act as stimulants like tobacco, soda and alcohol.
- Take between six and eight glasses of filtered water every day. Avoid drinking cold water.
- Get involved in physical activity, breathe properly and try to absorb some sun rays every day.
- In order to improve the effects, use an herbal tincture as part of your Lymph cleansing routine. Many people say that the herbal tincture produced by Herbs-Etc’s is the best. You can use it in tea, juice and filtered water.
Take a large amount of organic fresh green vegetables. These are some good examples of green vegetables that can speed up the process of detoxification of the lymphatic system:
- Green onions;
- IFL Science;
- Green peppers;
- Mustard greens;
- Turnip greens;
- Red or gold beets (you can also mix them) *;
- Carrots *;
*While it is true that beets and carrots don’t belong to the group of green vegetables, they are packed with minerals and vitamins that have proven to be excellent for the cleansing process. These vegetables are rich in different antioxidants like flavonoids, beta carotene and similar carotenoids. Antioxidants fight off free radicals which lead to cell damages.
Take all the vegetables and clean them well. Remove all the dead or wilted parts. Don’t use tools to scrape or cut. All parts of the vegetables are helpful including stems and roots.
Take 2-3 gallons of fresh and filtered water and place the water in a stock pot or large canning. Feel free to use spring water or distilled water too. Put all the vegetables inside and cook on low and steady heat for about 2 hours. Make sure that the lid is on top of the pot while the vegetables are being cooked because in this way you won’t lose any minerals or vitamins.
After that, turn off the heat and remove the pot. Wait until the liquid gets cold and remove the liquid. Put the vegetables in the refrigerator in order to use them later. You should drink about 3 glasses (8 oz each) of this vegetable broth two times a day. The best period to do this is right before lunchtime and before dinnertime.
Have three glasses of this vegetable broth before your breakfast, lunch and dinner. If you notice that the vegetable broth is low, feel free to add distilled water.
Perform the same procedure (3 glasses before every meal), but this time use the vegetables found in the broth as part of your meal.
After the third day, you should slowly return to your original healthy diet.
- Eating cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, watercress (lightly steamed) and cauliflower;
- Have between 6 and 8 glasses of filtered, cleaned water on a daily basis (not cold);
- Use some healthy oils like virgin coconut oil and olive oil;
- Get involved in physical activities, laugh, smile and be positive;
- Perform this procedure two times a year – every spring and fall.
- Take a glass of warm water and add half a lemon or lime. Drink it before you have breakfast;
- Take care of your diet. Use whole foods packed with protein, vegetables, fruit and healthy fat;
- Practice colon cleanse and nutritional detoxification on a regular basis;
- Check whether you are sensitive to certain foods and avoid them;
- Find a way to sweat in a healthy way;
- Visit a lymph drainage massage therapist on a regular basis;
- Find a way to eliminate stress.