Every Cancer Patient Needs to Read This Alkaline Diet Info Immediately!
Having balanced pH levels is important for everyone, especially for cancer patients. pH levels affect your overall health, so in order to stay healthy, your body must maintain an alkaline environment.
The human body does everything in its power to keep a slightly alkaline pH of 7.35, but stress and poor diet can change it to acidic one – ideal environment for diseases.
Nowadays, it’s very hard to keep alkaline environment in our bodies, as we are surrounded with unhealthy, processed foods, loaded with toxins and chemicals, fast foods, microwave meals, and so on. Such diet creates an acidic environment which significantly increases your risk of many health conditions and diseases, including cancer.
This is why it’s very important to follow an alkaline diet to restore the pH environment in the body, support your overall health, and speed up the healing process.
The following list contains useful advices on how to restore the body’s pH balance and maintain an alkaline environment. This alkaline diet will help you combat inflammation and many other health issues.
- The basis of your alkaline diet should be organic leafy green vegetables, cabbages and cauliflower, herbs, broccoli, spices, beans, root vegetables, seeds and nuts, peas and lentils, garlic, onions, chives and leek, and rice or other non-gluten grains in small amounts.
- Eat as much vegetables and fruits as you like, and two to four ounces of clean fish, organic poultry, or grass-fed meat several times a week.
- Cancer cells use significantly more glucose per unit of time than normal ones, which is why you should eliminate sugar from your diet. Another reason to avoid sugar is the fact that it decreases the amounts of magnesium in the body, thus supporting cancer. You should also avoid honey, agave and other “natural” sugars, but use figs, unsweetened apple sauce, fresh pineapple, or dried apricots.
- Dairy is one of the leading cancer-causing foods due to the presence of casein protein, according to Prof. T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D. from the Cornell University. Dairy products produce highly acidic environment which can cause bone deterioration, inflammation, and support cancer development. Therefore, if you are a cancer patient, it’s important you avoid this type of products.
- Gluten causes inflammation, so glutinous grains should also be avoided. Stop consuming high-gluten grains such as wheat, whole grains, rye, and baked goods like bread, pasta, cookies, cereals, crackers, muffins, and cakes. Instead, consume non-gluten grains like rice, quinoa, amaranth, and buckwheat.
- You can also avoid “gluten free” products as they contain processed oils or added sugar.