You can’t avoid the process of aging, but you can slow down by the intake of healthy food and healthy lifestyles. Along the synthetic products, food plays a crucial role in the prevention of aging.
There is a great truth in the saying, “You’re what you eat”.
The following anti-aging foods will provide great benefits for your body.
Because of the high nutritional properties, this dark green leafy vegetable will prevent the process of premature aging. It abounds in iron, a mineral that is crucial for carrying oxygen to every cell in the body.
The skin, as any other organ in the body, needs nutrients for a healthy look and proper functioning. Spinach is ideal for this purpose and it provides many other benefits such as:
- It is rich in vitamin E, C and beta-carotene that protect the skin from the UV rays.
- It is loaded with antioxidants that fight free radicals and thus prevent the premature aging.
- These antioxidants stimulate the growth of new skin cells.
- It abounds in vitamin K and folate, important nutrients that reduce inflammation that can cause dry itchy skin, acne, dark circles and bruising skin.
2. Green Tea
Green tea is a potent herb that prevents the formation of wrinkles and promotes younger look. It is widely popular for its benefits for the skin due to the high amount of antioxidants.
These antioxidants prevent the onset of inflammation and wrinkes. Also, green tea can prevent psoriasis, because it reduces the production of excess skin cells.
3. Goji Berries
These berries originate from China, but their popularity have spread them around the world. You can find Goji berries as a juice concentrate or in dried form.
They are famous for the abundance in antioxidants and essential nutrients which provide a healthy and glowing skin.
Cinnamon, cardamom, cayenne pepper, ginger, coriander, turmeric and licorice powder are powerful spices that can provide amazing benefits for the skin.
- Paprika and cayenne are rich in vitamin C and A, and they act as antioxidants, which fight free radicals that damage the collagen of the skin.
- It is curcumin in turmeric that gives its anti-inflammatory properties. They reduce the acne and various inflammations.
- Cardamom removes the toxins and cleanses the skin, promoting a natural glow.
- Ginger is rich in 40 antioxidants that stimulate proper circulation and eliminate harmful toxins.
- Cinnamon stimulates proper circulation in the blood vessels to the surface of the skin and increase the collagen level.
Along the many healthy benefits of tomatoes they are highly nutritious type of food. A study by German scientists have found that lycopene protects the skin from oxidation and reduces sun damage.
This conducted study involved 2 groups of participants who were given a daily shot of tomato paste in combination with olive oil and a plain olive oil for 10 weeks. The group with a regular consumption of tomatoes experienced 40% less sunburn than the other group.
It is very important to pay attention to the food you consume, because it greatly affects the health of your skin.
Via Cure Joy