If you have practiced yoga for some time, you will probably recognize this highly-effective technique. With the help of this stomach vacuum exercise, you will be able to reduce your waist size and strengthen and shape your abdominal muscles in less than one month. The best part is that the more you practice it the better effects you will witness.
Performing 5 reps is the minimum amount of repetitions if you want to see some results. Don’t be disappointed if you face difficulties in the beginning because after a few days your muscles will be shaped and strengthened and you won’t have these problems.
Stomach Vacuum Exercise
The following is a list of steps you will need to take:
- Begin with this exercise by lying on your back and keep your arms parallel to your body (keep them along your body). Your knees should be bent and your feet on the floor while keeping the muscles relaxed.
- Gradually exhale, release all the air from the lungs, and at the same time keep your muscles unstrained.
- When you release the air from the lungs, begin creating tension in the muscles located in the stomach and try to strain them as much as you can. Try to completely block the breathing while doing this.
- Keep the lower part of the abdomen in this position for about 10 seconds, inhale a small amount of air and continue with your efforts to pull in your stomach.
- Breathe carefully and don’t be focused on relaxing your stomach – pull the muscles located in your stomach and keep your breath for about 10 seconds. After that, inhale slowly while keeping the tension in your muscles. If you can’t keep up, you can take a very short breath.
- Slowly exhale, remove the tension from your stomach, do some free exhalation and release the air from the lungs once again. Try to pull in your stomach as much as possible.
- Keep the muscles of the stomach stretched and quickly free the stomach up (without inhalation) after that.
After three or four weeks, this simple exercise will make your abdominal muscles significantly stronger and reduce the size of your waist. Your stomach will become flat and tight.