How To Reduce Triglyceride Levels Making These 6 Simple Changes in Your Diet
(HealthAndLovePage) Increased triglyceride levels in the body in a combination with high blood pressure and cholesterol are one of the main symptoms of cardiovascular disorders and disease. Of course, if all of these indicators are normal then your cardiovascular health is most likely good.
That’s why it is a good idea to decrease triglyceride levels fast and the good news is that this is a relatively easy task. A simple change in your regular diet will be enough to get back the blood fat on track.
These are the things that can help you with this procedure:
- Lose few extra pounds and lower the amount of calories. In case you are dealing with high triglyceride levels, there is a good chance that you were affected because they are in correlation. Losing just 5 kg will significantly lower triglyceride levels.
- Stay away from sweet, soft drinks and sweet foods. It is really hard to resist these foods and drinks. The majority of people is unaware of the high caloric value of sweet soda for example. Many of these extra calories are converted to triglycerides.
- Eliminate trans fats from your diet and try to decrease the amount of saturated fats. According to many nutritionists, trans fats are the type of fat that brings many problems in the body. They are usually found in fried, processed or packaged foods like chips, crackers, donuts, some types of margarine and most of the retail candies.
- Try to avoid alcohol because it increases the triglyceride levels in the body.
- Engage in physical activity. It is highly recommended to be physically active for at least half an hour a day. Simply, take a walk, use a stationary bike, visit the gym or take care of your garden. It was proven that physical activity can affect the cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood.
- Consume more fish or use omega-3 supplements. Although there is fat in fish too, this fat is unsaturated and it actually lowers the triglyceride levels.
Manage Triglyceride Levels: Omega-3 Fats
If you have read this article carefully, you’ve noticed that we have mentioned omega-3 fats before, but these fats are so useful that it is always nice to read more about them. Many doctors recommend using omega-3 capsules in order to reduce triglyceride levels. These capsules are one of the most convenient and simplest ways to deal with triglycerides.
It is recommended to use doses of between one and four grams. The doses are used according to the triglyceride levels in the patient. Consult your doctor about the amount of omega-3 capsules you’ll need. There is no doubt that fish are the best natural source of omega-3 fatty acids. Some of the most useful species for this purpose are sturgeon, salmon, tuna, mullet, mackerel, anchovies, trout and arrow. Flaxseed oil is another great source of omega-3 fats.