Every woman wants perfectly shaped body parts and this is especially true when we talk about breasts. However, in most cases this is impossible.
Breast sagging is a completely natural process which is part of the aging process. This process makes breasts lose their flexibility and suppleness. Sagging breasts is an occurrence that can lower self-confidence.
The good news is that determination of the causes of this occurrence and certain activities can slow down this process. It is good to know that breast sagging starts after 40, but it is not unusual if it starts even earlier.
Although aging and pregnancy are the two most important factors that contribute to breast sagging there are few other things that have impact on this process. These factors include: strenuous exercise, lack of nutrients, menopause, fast weight gain or loss, smoking, wearing improper bra etc.
It is good to know that breastfeeding cannot cause sagging breasts and this was confirmed through a scientific study presented in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal.
Rapid weight gain during pregnancy is the reason why women witness this occurrence, so taking care of the weight (having a healthy weight gain) can help women avoid this problem.
Although there are many commercial products like lotions and creams against breast sagging offered on the market you may want to Try Some Natural Home Remedies First.
- Making Your Breasts Firmer. Every woman can make her breasts firmer by performing specially designed exercises for this purpose, by massaging or using the help of masks and essential oils.
- Taking Care of Your Weight. In case you are trying to gain weight or lose weight and this is happening quite often, you will soon feel the negative consequences in various parts of your body including your breasts.
- Drinking Water is The Way To Go. Cells that are part of the skin are mostly made of water. In case the body doesn’t get enough water, the skin will become dry and dull. Water deficiency can accelerate the
- Physical Activity and Nutrition. A proper combination of exercise and healthy food can help you lose and/or maintain weight. Rapid weight loss or weight will have huge impact on your breast firmness.
- Pomegranate. This tasty fruit has proven to be very efficient when it comes to protection against breast sagging. You might want to try pomegranate seed oil because it is packed with phytonutrients which support breast firmness.
- Aloe Vera is a plant that is rich in many different antioxidants which means it helps the body deal with free radicals and supports breast suppleness. Simply, use some aloe vera gel topically on your breasts and perform circular movements with your hands for about ten minutes. Leave it like that for ten minutes and use cold water to rinse the gel. Perform this procedure for 5 times a week.
Natural Home Remedies for Firm Breasts
1. Breast Exercises. Breasts have no muscles, they are made of fat which means that they cannot be tightened or toned in the way we tone arms or legs for example.
However, Anne Taylor MD, a professor of plastic surgery at Ohio State University, says that regular exercises can affect the way your pectoral area looks by strengthening the ligaments found around the breasts. The final result – perkier breasts. Many experts agree that push-ups are the most effective and simplest exercise for this purpose. They make the aforementioned muscles stronger and reduce the fat in this area. Dumbbells flyes, chest presses, curls, weight lifting are some other exercises that can help.
2. Breast Masks. These masks are similar to face masks because they are focused on tightening of the skin. Using such masks once a week can provide positive results.
Vitamin E Oil and Egg Breast Mask Recipe
Mix These Ingredients:
- One tablespoon of vitamin E oil
- One tablespoon of plain yogurt
- One egg
- Place the mixture on the breasts and massage it gently
- Leave the mixture for about half an hour
- Rinse it with cold water
1. Massage. Massage your breasts with olive oil or coconut oil for 3 times a week if you want to improve firmness in this area. This activity will also improve skin texture and blood circulation which ultimately leads to skin cell renewal which is very important when it comes to breast sagging prevention.
2. Ice Massage. You can also use ice massage as a way to promote breast firmness. Ice tones the skin located around the breasts. Use a couple of ice cubes to massage this area. Or you can crush ice and place it in a bag. Perform this procedure for one minute.
3. Plant Oils. Breast massages based on plant oils can definitely help your skin. Olive, coconut, almond and grape seed oil have structure that can improve skin health. If you want to boost the effect, use two drops of some essential oil in the plant oil before using it on the breasts.
4. Essential Oils have been used for skin cell rejuvenation since ancient time. Skin firmness and suppleness can be obtained by using the help of essential oils like spearmint oil, fennel seed oil, lemongrass and cypress oil. If you want to improve the appearance of the skin around your breasts, use any of these oils and massage this area on a daily basis. Make sure to use only small quantities of essential oils (two drops) because they can damage the skin.
How to Prevent Sagging Breasts
There are many activities and practices that can speed up the process of sagging. If you avoid them, you will keep your breasts firm for a long period of time.
- Over-Tanning and Smoking. A study conducted not while ago has confirmed that there is a direct link between breast firmness and smoking (smoking contributes to their sagging). In addition, things like improper nutrition, excessive tanning and certain bad habits can also lead to sagging.
- Bras with Wrong Size and Bras That Don’t Fit Well. If the bra is not fitting well they lead to the same effects as not wearing bra at all. Try to find bras that have support at their bottom.
Can Getting Rid of The Bra Improve the Look of The Breasts?
A study that was conducted in France and lasted for 15 years has confirmed that bras don’t provide almost any benefits for women and there is are some things that indicate that they can actually produce harmful long-term effects. According to Jean-Denis Rouillon, a respected professor at the University of Franche-Comte in Besancon, anatomically, physiologically and medically, we cannot expect anything positive for the breasts when we deprive them of gravity.
Professor Rouillon has examined and measured the breasts of 300 women (between 18 and 35 years old), focusing on the effects that bras cause in the long run. The final conclusion was that women who avoided bras had better defined muscle tissue which ultimately means better breast support. The study has also shown that the materials of bras prevent the muscle tissue located in breasts from growing which accelerates breast sagging.
Rouillon said that these findings don’t mean that all women should avoid wearing bras. He believes that those women who were already wearing bras for more than a decade won’t notice changes if they stop wearing bra today.
Via Very Well Family