Do you know that pizza can boost your health? Of course, this is possible only if you replace the greasy and heavy pie crust with chia seeds and some cauliflower.
This pizza is healthy, natural, and tasty and promises many health benefits. It turns out that cauliflower is a veggie packed with vitamins that are crucial for the proper functioning of many bodily systems including riboflavin, thiamine, pantothenic acid, niacin, omega-3 fatty acids, folic acid and vitamin K. Cauliflower also comes with significant amounts of phosphorus, veggie protein and potassium.
This tasty vegetable provides positive effects against different types of cancer including colon cancer, breast cancer, Cancer and prostate cancer. Cauliflower is here to supply our body with unique nutrients required by a few systems that work on prevention of cancer.
Thanks to the specific compounds and elements it contains, it makes our body more resistant to cancer and it can even destroy and remove cancer enzymes. Additionally, sulforaphane, a compound based on sulfur that has anticancer properties is present in cauliflower too.
Cauliflower consumption is excellent for the digestive system, cardiovascular system and provides anti-inflammatory effects. In addition, the aforementioned sulforaphane has proven to be efficient when it comes to blood pressure stabilization and kidney work optimization.
This delicious vegetable is loaded with choline too. In case you didn’t know, choline is a type of B vitamin which was linked to proper brain development. So, this vitamin is especially important for pregnant women, but it also has the ability to protect us from memory decline related to aging.
On the other chia seeds are almost equally healthy and important as cauliflower. These seeds are very small and have distinctive black color. They are loaded with protein, fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, iron and calcium. Chias seeds are rich in antioxidants that have the ability to combat the activity of free radicals that disrupt the work of the cells and can lead to premature aging and even to cancer.
Prepare this special crust and enjoy the taste and health benefits.
Cauliflower/Chia Seeds Pizza Crust
- ¾ cup of ground almonds
- One large head of raw cauliflower
- One and a half tablespoon of oregano (dried)
- Pepper and sea salt
- ¾ cup of water
- Quarter a cup of chia seeds.
- Turn the oven to 400 F.
- Take the chia seeds and pour them into the water. Mix them well and put them in a refrigerator for about 20 minutes before you use them.
- Carefully cut the cauliflower into small pieces and put them in food processor or blender. Blend until you get a texture that looks like rice.
- Take 3 cups of processed cauliflower and put them in a bowl. After that, put the oregano, almonds, pepper and salt. Create a hole in the middle and pour the Chia mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients manually and shape them in the form of a ball. The final mixture will be sticky and loose and not very similar to conventional dough.
- Place this ball on a baking tray and shape a completely flat crust manually. Don’t forget to create a small ridge around the flattened ball. Bake for 25 minutes or until you notice that the crust has become golden.
- Put a topping and tomato base and bake for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Via Master Cook