There is only a limited number of foods that contain so many health benefits like coconut. In the recent period, more and more people are getting aware of the many health benefits of using coconut oil in oil pulling, cooking and on the skin. In case you are interested in using these benefits without affecting your diet, you should definitely try these delicious coconut treats.
5 Health Benefits of Coconut
Whenever you use these tasty coconut treats instead of traditional sweets and candies, you are actually bringing many vitamins and nutrients to your body. The following is a list of some of the health benefits of coconut.
1. Suppress hunger – Coconut comes with high amounts of healthy fats which mean that it will help you feel sated and make you stay away from unnecessary snacking.
2. Fatty acids – Coconut is packed with fatty acids and these acids can help your brain and prevent the development of any mental degeneration as a result of aging.
4. Fat loss – If you take a close look at the benefits we’ve mentioned before, you will probably conclude that coconut supports fat loss. Abdominal fat is especially affected by coconut use.
5. Stabilize cholesterol levels in the blood – By eating coconut on a regular basis, you will be able to lower and stabilize blood cholesterol levels. If you eat coconut for a long period of time, you will surely decrease the risk of heart disease which is one of the main reasons for fatalities in the US.
Coconut Cluster Recipe
In order to consume coconut in the best way, we present you this coconut cluster recipe. It is very likely that you already have all the ingredients in your kitchen and you can prepare this remedy in a matter of minutes.
- Two cups of coconut oil
- Two teaspoons of vanilla extract
- One cup of chia seeds.
Pour all these ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and stir them well. Make sure that all the ingredients are mixed well. You should get a smooth mixture.
After that, drop the mixture into cupcake liners or candy molds. Leave them in the fridge for a few hours and when they are hardened you can start eating them!
Getting More Coconut in Your Diet
We are sure that once you try these candies, they will become your favorite treats and you will use them whenever you need energy boosters. Of course, if you love coconut you should know that there are few other ways in which you can enjoy coconut and reap its benefits.
For example, when you mix coconuts and bread crumbs you can use them as coating for baked or fried meats. In this way you can enjoy a more exotic taste of your meat. In addition, coconut can be used to spice up the taste of many different foods like breads, cakes and ice cream.
Coconut is definitely one of the foods that should be part of any healthy diet. Try these delicious coconut cluster and improve your diet starting from today.
Via Women’s Best