Having a cough is not a very serious condition, but it can surely affect our everyday functioning. Imagine a situation in which you are in a classroom or at your workplace with your colleagues, everything is quiet and you are coughing from time to time.
A cough usually heals itself after some period of time, but there are many natural ways to accelerate the healing process and make a cough go away almost instantly. We are sure that some of these 25 bronchospasm natural cures will work for you.
Bronchospasm Natural Cures To Get Rid of a Chronic Cough
1. Boswellia. The fragrant resin from Boswellia trees is used in many pharmaceutical products. All you need to do is to take 3mg of Boswellia three times a day in order to reduce the chances of asthma attacks and to boost your lung function.
2. Omega (3 and 6) fatty acids. If you want to reduce the level of arachidonic acid in the system you need to increase the level of omega fatty acids in it. The best way to do that is to use plan and marine oils in your diet.
3. Losing weight. Reaching the perfect weight will surely eliminate most of the symptoms associated with acute cough. Of course, weight loss will improve the work of many other systems in your body.
4. Breathing techniques. As you are probably aware there are different breathing techniques that can improve your health. Buteyko’s breathing technique is one of the most efficient ones when it comes to acute bronchospasm. This shallow breathing helps people to increase their carbon dioxide intake and clear the airways.
5. Acupuncture. Acupuncture is a healing technique used for centuries in China. It can be very helpful in cases of asthma, emphysema, and bronchitis.
6. Turmeric. In order to use this remedy, you will need quick preparation. Take some turmeric and grind it in order to get a fine powder. Create a mixture of two tablespoons of honey and one tablespoon of turmeric. Use this mixture once a day and asthma symptoms will be removed.
7. Asthma diet. You can also reduce the intake of sugar and dairy products in order to eliminate and erase some of the symptoms related to bronchospasm.
8. Parsley leaf. This is another simple recipe. Take two teaspoons of fresh Medicine Net and add it to one cup of hot water. Leave the leaves to soak for about 15 minutes and strain the mixture after that. You can add some honey to get a better taste.
9. Mullein. You can create a very tasty tea from Mullein. This tea will ease the discomfort in the airways and relieve wheezing in times of asthma attacks.
10. Butterbur. For this recipe, you will need about 7 grams of dried butterbur. Take this amount of butterbur on a daily basis. It contains isopetasin and petasin compounds that are very efficient in cases of bronchial inflammation. Some people may experience side effects such as vomiting, nausea, and headache.
11. Holy Basil. Take a few leaves of Holy Basil and grind them. Mix about 20 m. of the paste, you get about 13 ml of honey. Consume this mixture on a daily basis.
12. Gingko Biloba. This powerful herb was used since ancient times. It was known for its anti-inflammatory features and it can surely alleviate bronchospasm in case of asthma attacks. Make sure to ask your doctor about the right dosage.
13. Water. Don’t forget to drink water during the day because this is a good way to cleanse your airways.
14. Black peppercorns. Use tulsi leaves and black peppercorns in order to create a mixture. Chew this interesting mixture every day right before you go to bed.
15. Chamomile flower. Prepare a tea based on one teaspoon of Echinacea root, chamomile flowers, passionflower leaves, and mullein leaves, and ¼ of hot boiling water. This unique brew will improve your breathing.
16. Echinacea root, Elecampane root, and Indian root. Create a mixture by using two teaspoons from all of these herbs and two cups of water. Leave the tea to cool down for about 2 hours before you consume it.
17. Black coffee. Only one black coffee in the morning can help your airways take more oxygen during the day.
18. Vinegar and honey. Although this sounds like an odd combination the fact is that it is very helpful in cases of wheezing. Take an equal amount of white wine vinegar and honey and mix them. Heat this mixture in a cup in a microwave to a maximum temperature suitable for drinking and use it right away.
19. Licorice root tea. Use eight ounces of tap water and two tablespoons of dried licorice root to prepare tea. Once the tea is prepared, leave it for 15 minutes before you drink it. You can have 2 cups of tea every day.
20. A spoonful of honey. Honey is a natural product that comes with many health benefits. Only one tablespoon of organic unprocessed honey can ease a Medical News Today. You can take it up to three times a day and it is advisable to use it before going to bed in case the cough is making problems.
21. Steam. Many people forget about the power of steam in cases of cold, congestion, and cough. The steam is actually very effective when it comes to phlegm and excessive mucus.
22. Gargle saltwater. This is one easy-to-perform natural remedy. Although it is often used in cases of a sore throat it can also help with a cough. Stir one teaspoon of salt in eight ounces of warm water. Gargle the mixture for 15 seconds, spit the mixture and use the remaining water to do the same. Use plain water to rinse the mouth after you are finished.
23. Thyme tea. Take a handful of fresh thyme and place it in a mug. Pour eight ounces of boiling water into the cup and let the mixture steep for about 15 minutes. You can also add honey or lemon to add taste. You can drink up to 3 cups per day.
24. Ginger peppermint syrup. This excellent chronic cough remedy is very easy to prepare. All you need to do is to add one tablespoon of dried peppermint and three tablespoons of chopped ginger in four cups of water. Boil the mixture for a while and gradually reduce the heat. Simmer the mixture until you get half of the amount you’ve used. Strain It and add it to one cup of honey. Use one tablespoon of this syrup a few times a day in order to ease a chronic cough.
25. Honey and pepper. This is another interesting combination. Put one tablespoon of honey and one teaspoon of ground black pepper in a mug and pour boiling water. Stir the mixture for about 10 minutes and drink it at once. You can perform this procedure twice a day.